Kala tuner advice please?

raecarter

Reaction score
Hi I've been pondering this for a while. I love the idea of a clip on tuner which turns green when it's in tune but I have my uke constantly tuned to F A# D G would they still work? I have a gig soon and will need too be able to tune during the gig to that tuning? Thanks

The Kala tuner does C, D and chromatic tuning, so, yes it would work for F A#D G. Any chromatic clip on tuner will work.
Regards,
Ray

Raecarter, good luck with the gig.
I've been using a Kala tuner since March, and it's been just fine for me. It came with the uke I got from MGM.

Hi I've been pondering this for a while. I love the idea of a clip on tuner which turns green when it's in tune but I have my uke constantly tuned to F A# D G would they still work? I have a gig soon and will need too be able to tune during the gig to that tuning? Thanks

Aloha Raecarter,
I use adjusted tunings also..especially if my uke is too bright...one drawback is that it
is for soloing...or playing by yourself...if you play with others you got to play in the
same tuning or it will not sound right and you'll stand out like a sore thumb..
Here's one of my favorite tuning...F#-30, B-20/-30, D3-40, G#-30/-40.....
the slashes are for in between tunings...I hope it helps...Let me know how it turns out..
Have Fun and Enjoy!! Happy strummings...MM Stan

Thank you all so I need a chromatic tuner. Stan it's just me. I tune the uke down as my voice is deep so I change the key of songs to be lower that's all

Thank you all so I need a chromatic tuner. Stan it's just me. I tune the uke down as my voice is deep so I change the key of songs to be lower that's all

Ever think of maybe just transposing the songs to fit your voice? When you sing/play with others, the lower tuning won't help you any :)

A C is a c is a c ya know?

Ever think of maybe just transposing the songs to fit your voice? When you sing/play with others, the lower tuning won't help you any :)

A C is a c is a c ya know?

Yes I do do that it depends on how lazy I am a chord pattern might work but may be good high for me to sing so I tune down. But a chord pattern may be difficult but transposed down may be easier for me its swings and roundabouts

I have two Kala tuners , never had any problems. Good luck with the gig.

Yes I do do that it depends on how lazy I am a chord pattern might work but may be good high for me to sing so I tune down. But a chord pattern may be difficult but transposed down may be easier for me its swings and roundabouts

mmmk.. what ever is easiest for ya!

The kala is fabulous! I put it in chromatic and tune my daughters violin, and my son's guitars as well as my ukes.. It's probably up there with other things for the best 20 bucks I have ever spent!
Good luck on your gig Rae.. that's great!

In my school ukukele club, we use Kalas and Joyo tuners. The Kalas are MILES better. I really like them.

Top Bottom