Opinions on Ko olau ukes needed.

Two lips

Reaction score
It seems this K model isn't talked about a lot. I was wondering what opinions people have on these. I myself have never played one and don't even know any one who has one.

I have Martin, Kamaka pineapple, and Ko'olau sopranos. The Ko'olau is my favorite. It has the right combination of clarity and rich sound. It's also the most comfortable one to play. They have these aplenty at Puapua in Honolulu. Aloha.

It seems this K model isn't talked about a lot. I was wondering what opinions people have on these. I myself have never played one and don't even know any one who has one.

I am lucky enough to live close to a ko'olau dealer (ukerepublic) and I have only gotten to play two. I really enjoyed them and I think their build might have been the best out there for a production uke. I prefered the sound of my koaloha to the ko'olau but that doesn't mean anything really. The ko'olaus are a little more expensive than the other "K" brands but their craftmanship is a little bit better IMO. One thing I like about the Ko'olaus is the various wood options. With Kamaka and Koaloha it is pretty much koa only. Ko'olau gives one multiple wood options.

Top Bottom