Favorite place to play your ukulele?

Miss Michele

Reaction score
Baby, it's cold outside! I'm sure from now on I'm going to be staying inside more and strumming the uke! Since I live in a house with others (roomies) I don't have much space to play without bothering the others. So I'm in my room most of the time. Every once in a while I'll play in the bathroom if no one is home. lol It just sounds better. Why is that?

Where is your favorite place to play the ukulele?

Ahh.. Lots of people play in the bathroom and sing in there too.. it resonates! ha.. There are lots of videos that have people playing in the bathroom...

I like to play in my living room.. Haven't tried to play anywhere else much.. I have played at the cafe where the uke group meets... otherwise just at home!

I wish there was a uke group here in town! The nearest I know of is about 2 hours away where I use to live. Hmm...I guess I could start one? Yea, I've seen a lot of bathroom vids too..glad I'm not the only one!

Baby, it's cold outside! I'm sure from now on I'm going to be staying inside more and strumming the uke!

Where is your favorite place to play the ukulele?

Opposite scenario here, it's beautiful to sit outside on the back patio and play uke in the desert winter sunshine.

Opposite scenario here, it's beautiful to sit outside on the back patio and play uke in the desert winter sunshine.

NO desert here cletus! It's SNOWING! Next summer when I am better I may sit outside. I am NOT ready to start attracting the neighbors!

Aloha Miss Michele,
I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!!! I can understand when living with others to respect their space and keep the volume down..You didn't mention How your bus trip singing went eh??
So how did it go??? Inquiring minds want to know....As for singing and playing in the bathroom, it's a tight area and good for accoustics...I don't usually play in there but kno of alot who do..
I like to play in a beautiful quiet and serene place.....could be anywhere with beautiful scenery and quiet with no distractions....As for a uke group, christmas is arouund the corner girl, buy
your roomies Rogue soprano's from Musicians friend for $24.99 each with free shipping...that way you have your own group there and you may have more leeway on playing when they are
home.....may just work out fine for you yet!!! Good Luck and let us know how it works out for you...I can imagine how cold it is over there for you now outside.....Have Fun and Enjoy!!
Happy strummings.....Playing the ukulele warms you up generally and figuretively!! MM Stan...

Some of my favorite places to play for natural reverberation are parking garages and big stairwells. One of my favorite stairwells spans about nine twelve floors. I'll situate myself about half way up and the echo lasts forever. Another place is our local indoor basketball court. I'll sometimes go early in the morning when nobody's there yet. I used to live near this giant storm drain. Here in SoCal, it's usually dry as a bone in there. The echo is really pingy and strange sounding, but very cool. Think about your area and you'll probably come up some cavernous possibilities to experiment with natural reverbs.

Sitting on the couch in the living room. Actually, that's pretty much the ONLY place I play!

Everywhere!!!!

But honestly it has to be at the airport... the look on folks faces is awesome!!!

Aloha Miss Michele, While fishing ,waiting for the fish to bite. But gotta wash my hands after baiting the hook, don't want a stinky uke..he,he..........BO..........

hi Michelle

this is my favorite place to play and undoubtedly I do some of my very best work here...
DSCF4654.jpg
I call this: "The Office".:eek:

SUPER old thread resurrection; I've recently discovered that my favourite place to play is at the beach. I take my snuggly wee soprano and work through my limited repertoire of basic fingerstyle classical pieces, sitting in a beach chair at the end of the day, with my toes in the sand and my kidlet swimming in the lake. Yesterday, I had a couple exclaim with surprise when they discovered I was actually playing: they thought I had a speaker and it was coming from that! Aw, go on... yer makin' me blush...

SUPER old thread resurrection; I've recently discovered that my favourite place to play is at the beach. I take my snuggly wee soprano and work through my limited repertoire of basic fingerstyle classical pieces, sitting in a beach chair at the end of the day, with my toes in the sand and my kidlet swimming in the lake. Yesterday, I had a couple exclaim with surprise when they discovered I was actually playing: they thought I had a speaker and it was coming from that! Aw, go on... yer makin' me blush...
Sounds like you're livin' the dream. I usually settle for playing on the couch, but every now and then when the weather's nice I'll go sit on the back patio and enjoy the fresh air. Just have to deal with the cat crying and complaining about how unfair it is that I'm outside and she's not. She's upset right now that I have the window all the way open but I've blocked it with a massive fan to try and cool the house down after this heat wave...how dare I!

Sounds like you're livin' the dream. I usually settle for playing on the couch, but every now and then when the weather's nice I'll go sit on the back patio and enjoy the fresh air. Just have to deal with the cat crying and complaining about how unfair it is that I'm outside and she's not. She's upset right now that I have the window all the way open but I've blocked it with a massive fan to try and cool the house down after this heat wave...how dare I!
Lol at least your cat doesn't bite you (I hope) when you play the wrong note on your ukulele? Mine did that when I played my violin wrong - I didn't blame him, sounded horrible to me, too. I like playing in my backyard with my two pet bunnies, too, but the beach is pretty special - as my step mom used to always say "A bad day at the beach is better than a good day here". The beach is my happy place :)

The lovely Puget Sound--7 minutes from my home.

Attachments

• View  From Sound and Uke.jpeg
    View From Sound and Uke.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 11
Very nice, I’m jealous of those of you who can nip to the beach. My favourite place to play is in a park near my house, where I sit in the grass with a view overlooking the skyline of Canary Wharf, one of London’s business districts.

Favorite place: Front porch or back deck of my house.

Most common place: My desk chair in my home office. I work 100% remote and my home office is also my music room. It works well for me, but I’ll admit at times having my ukes, banjos, guitars, and harmonicas right there can be distracting.

Last edited:
The stairwell at work has windows, resonance and low traffic. It's my favorite place to play at the office. My home spot is a closet so the stairwell is an upgrade, even though there is no place soft to sit.

Top Bottom