Worth grabbing this?

Aloha Markp1964, Can't comment on Mele ukes, looks good. I prefer a concert over a soprano. Concerts just feel more comfortable to play for me.

If you want a concert pineapple uke, this seems like a reasonable uke and price. I think the seller is a member here.
Mele ukes seem to have a good reputation.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en
It was not the reason I went looking on Ebay, but thought it seemed like a very reasonable price for a great looking instrument.
I like my soprano pineapple but want to try a concert-any thoughts?

Sure - grab it! (its mine) :)

I have it in the UU marketplace as well & will waive shipping fee for UU member.

Its a great uke - the ONLY reason that I am selling it is that I have a KoAloha Super Concert in transit & I need to sell a couple to make room in the budget. I'm know I'm going to replace it one day, with the same model or one of their Koa Pineapples.

Gmoney
If I buy it through UU, are you still on the hook for the Ebay fees?
Very kind of you to waive the shipping, let me know if you prefer a bid through Ebay or what ever!
MP

Another slightly related question, Gmoney: I've been considering your Mainland tenor (don't worry, Markp1964; I won't step on your toes), but I'm in Canada, and your eBay entry seems to imply that you'll ship only to the States. Could you possibly confirm or deny that this is the case?

Gmoney
If I buy it through UU, are you still on the hook for the Ebay fees?
Very kind of you to waive the shipping, let me know if you prefer a bid through Ebay or what ever!
MP

Since the sale is over tomorrow, I would prefer to leave it there & not withdraw it - don't worry about my eBay fees, I thought it would get the best exposure there... if it ends w/o another buyer, we can do it via UU for same price as listed there (I'd like to get the "Buy it now" price, but will take the opening price of $200.)

I'll PM my email & phone number if you'd like to discuss "off board".

Another slightly related question, Gmoney: I've been considering your Mainland tenor (don't worry, Markp1964; I won't step on your toes), but I'm in Canada, and your eBay entry seems to imply that you'll ship only to the States. Could you possibly confirm or deny that this is the case?

I've just never shipped anything to Canada - don't know anything about international shipping prices or protocol. I'll PM my email & phone # if you want to discuss "off board". That Mainland is really sweet - but like the Mele - has to go to make room for the KoAloha taking its place.

Mark.... GRAB IT and run as fast as you can! If it's in reasonably good shape that is a very good buy. I have four Mele's and LOVE 'em all... including a Mele Pineapple Koa and Mahogany. THEY ARE FANTASTIC! Those little suckers both BOOM! They're small but man do they have attitude. Mele, in my humble opinion, makes a GREAT uke! Hope this helps!

Mark.... GRAB IT and run as fast as you can! If it's in reasonably good shape that is a very good buy. I have four Mele's and LOVE 'em all... including a Mele Pineapple Koa and Mahogany. THEY ARE FANTASTIC! Those little suckers both BOOM! They're small but man do they have attitude. Mele, in my humble opinion, makes a GREAT uke! Hope this helps!

I agree (of course!) :) The Mele is in great shape. I'm the second owner, the first one didn't play it enough to remove the "hang tag" from the headstock - I'll ship it w/the uke. This same uke goes for $329 from Mele w/stock GHS strings & I've already changed them out & throwing in another set of Worths to boot.

It really is a good buy... and as I've said, I will own another Mele again & probably another Pineapple.

Gmoney-sorry to say I didn't get the uke, but looks like some lurkers jumped on it and you got a better price for it! My bid must have got the ball rolling. I've done enough Ebay to only be mildly amazed at how many people rushed in at the last moment.
Cheers!
MP

Gmoney-sorry to say I didn't get the uke, but looks like some lurkers jumped on it and you got a better price for it! My bid must have got the ball rolling. I've done enough Ebay to only be mildly amazed at how many people rushed in at the last moment.
Cheers!
MP

Yeah - sorry about that... I've seen similar last minute snipers drive the final cost out of my reach as well. Now if someone would buy my Mainland tenor (that I really don't want to sale either) :)

Top Bottom