Some Friends Came Around...

H

Hippie Dribble

hi all

this morning was a lazy Sunday at myself and eugenie's place. Our children, Zackie (5, front right) and Jemimah (11, back right) invited their friends, Natasha (front left) and Jessica (back left) around for a bit of fun.

Anyway, Jemimah was strumming one of our colorful ukes and the girls got really interested...by the end of the morning we had taught them chords C, F and G7 and they went home later on having learnt "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "How Much is that Doggie in the Window?" and with a couple of requests for Christmas presents from Santa!!!

DSCF4698.jpgDSCF4696.jpgDSCF4697.jpg

It was lots of fun!!! It just reinforced to me what a beautiful instrument the humble ukulele is. Aaah, the joy it brings to us...

Blessings everyone!!! eugene

Last edited:
Brilliant post Eugene - I love it when I hear about new ukers!

Aloha Eugene,
It's nice when you can recruit the next generation of happy ukers...Looks like a real happy day and story.....and you sure have alot of
Mahalo's..WOW!!! thanks for sharing the Aloha Bruddah!!!! MM Stan...

No one ever comes around to play uke here. Luckiest I get is my daughter always wants to sing with me! It's fun for us!

Love the saying on the red uke!

How do you like those Mahalo's? They don't get very good reviews but sure come in great colors.. My friend LOVES lime green, I wish the dolphin's came in those.. (and the sparkly purple)

Your kids are adorable... Thanks for sharing the photos!

hi all

this morning was a lazy Sunday at myself and eugenie's place. Our children, Zackie (5, front right) and Jemimah (11, back right) invited their friends, Natasha (front left) and Jessica (back left) around for a bit of fun.

Anyway, Jemimah was strumming one of our colorful ukes and the girls got really interested...by the end of the morning we had taught them chords C, F and G7 and they went home later on having learnt "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "How Much is that Doggie in the Window?" and with a couple of requests for Christmas presents from Santa!!!

View attachment 18038View attachment 18039View attachment 18040

It was lots of fun!!! It just reinforced to me what a beautiful instrument the humble ukulele is. Aaah, the joy it brings to us...

Blessings everyone!!! eugene

One of the famous psychologist (Piaget I think) said that if you give me a child, I can make them be whatever i want them to be.

It is true. You will make this little kids love music and hopefully stick with the ukulele:) Nice.

Great indoctrinations Eugene, whats the mammas and pappas gonna say about you uk-i-fying their kiddies??

(Glad you had a fun day!)
(BTW was out today and spied a dark green Mahalo and was very tempted....mmmmm GREEN)

Great thread Jon. I love to see kids getting involved with the uke. I wish mine would. My 10 year old has shown minor interest, although he has taken up the trumpet at school, which is great. He doesn't know it yet, but he is getting a Tangi manini for Christmas. Perhaps that will give him the "uke bug."

I love 'this machine' ukes!

I wish my parents were like some of you guys! Mine don't play any instruments at all, so I get into the spirit of new instruments purely through YouTube. HAHA

Ytmr... Maybe you could learn a song that your parents like and play for them... I just took up the uke (and have 14, 10 and 8 yr old) my kids all play instruments and I really wanted to join in.. It's been fun... Though I have lots of catching up to do with them... It's nice to share it with them. You never know, your parents may surprise you.. even if you just get them singing when you play!

ukes are like a virus. Be care who you give them to! :D lol

No one ever comes around to play uke here. Luckiest I get is my daughter always wants to sing with me! It's fun for us!

Love the saying on the red uke!

How do you like those Mahalo's? They don't get very good reviews but sure come in great colors.. My friend LOVES lime green, I wish the dolphin's came in those.. (and the sparkly purple)

Your kids are adorable... Thanks for sharing the photos!

howdy fitncrafty

the Mahalos are a bit hit and miss methinks. You get some that are OK and some that are not so great. Been lucky with mine...most sound OK and they are perfect lil' bangers to take on trips.

I guess, for $25 you can't go wrong! If they sound terrible, paint em and hang em!!! I've bought many for friends as gifts so they can test the water...

Great indoctrinations Eugene, whats the mammas and pappas gonna say about you uk-i-fying their kiddies??

(Glad you had a fun day!)
(BTW was out today and spied a dark green Mahalo and was very tempted....mmmmm GREEN)

that's another good thing about the mahalos...the choice of colours is almost endless!!!

Aloha Eugene, Outstanding Ambassador for the ukulele. Heres to you Brother!!!!!.........BO..........

Those pictures are so cute! It's great to see kids interested in music...especially uke:)

aloha 808boy, thanks for kind words brother. Hope you are travelling OK mate. we'll be praying for you over this holiday time.

Hi Mike and dana,john, oddness..was really a lovely morning. The joy the kids had to play a couple of chords they could strum and sing a lil' song to was awesome. And yeah, I sent the pics to Natasha and Jess's mum and dad...seems they and us are going to frame the photo and hang on the wall!!! Hard not to smile when you look at those photos :)

Teaching a love and appreciation for music is very noble. Those little one's have a good start at a happy life.

Top Bottom