First Uke Video

Nice job Uncle. That voice sounds like it seen it's fair share of hard livin. Some serious gravel happening there mate.

If that's your first go at the uke you're gonna end up a fantastic player. Thanks for sharing with us. Look forward to the debut of the Tiki next...

Thanks for the comments. Actually I live a pretty straight life, no smoking, a few beers now and then. I could probably stand to drop a few pounds. I am just getting over a cold and an ear infection. I am really hooked on the Uke.

first I must ask if you are a Marine (or former) and why are you in Okinawa?

I like the shirt and the song wasn't too shabby either. I thought singing was way better than mine. That was a pretty good first attempt.

Yes I am a former Marine and I have been here for over twenty years now. It is peaceful and I have been fortunate to find good employment. My Children and Grandchildren are here, I just haven't decided if I like it here yet.

Yes I am a former Marine and I have been here for over twenty years now. It is peaceful and I have been fortunate to find good employment. My Children and Grandchildren are here, I just haven't decided if I like it here yet.

How is the teaching jobs there? If one knew no Japanese, could they still find a job? MOS?

John,
You should check into teaching at the Department of Defense Dependant Schools (Dodds). They are on every base and getting on with them is a great career.

Aloha Uncle Leroy, Great job on your first video. Don't be so critical on your vocals, heard worse(IMO) from pros who get paid to sing. Keep up the great work..................BO............

Yo Uncle Leroy, Impressive playing and singing (nothing to apologize for). Nice picking technique. Congratulations on your maiden video post. Keep them coming! I just started learning that one. I only strum so my version won't be as cool as yours.
DAP

Top Bottom