New G-String Concert Honu

phoenix.stu

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls.

I just wanted to show off my new uke. I found this website while searching for more of Aldrine's vids. AND boy let me tell ya, I sure am glad I found it. Great site here.

Anyway, without further ado. Here is my new baby. 1day old.
dsc00124as4.jpg

dsc00121oa5.jpg

dsc00111mc6.jpg

UU Rocks!!:rock:

Look forward to chatting with everyone here.

very nice, how does it sound? i intend on getting a GS soprano later this year. love the turtles.

Thanks for the warm aloha spirit.

I really like this uke. I did loads of testing different ukes in a couple of days that one just called out to me.
It sounds great. Very warm. I will use the hilo strings that came on it for a bit and then switch over to the Aquila's that I bought. I have heard good things with Aquila.

I will post some vids in a week or so. Let me first get a couple of songs under my belt so I don't look so crazy up there. ;)

@14twelve - Here is another pic. Maybe you can see the turtles a bit better.
dsc00113kd4.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to da UU...nice and when you put on the Aquilla's, goin sound mo nice! Did you purchase in Japan or from the factory?

@Howlin Hobbit - Yeah, I like the Honu accent. They have some other laser etched however, I didn't care for them because it made it look a bit too much.

@Kanaka916 - Thx. :D I wish I had the chance to get back to Hawaii this year however, getting this uke definitely put the trip off just a while longer. ;)
I bought it here in Japan.

Weird, I posted a reply and everything and it's gone with the wind. What I was going to say was that I just missed a brand in that "Top 5" brand threads - and that whenever I think I'm done buying ukes, the G string Honu comes to mind. I love Honus so much that 4 are inked on my leg as part of a polynesian design.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. You have incurred my permanent envy. ;)

I bought it here in Japan.

Nice uke... is it your first one? Interesting work on that soundboard. What shop did you go to?

If more users from Japan show up, we could have a summer meet!

@hawaiianmusiclover06 - Right back at ya bud. Happy Strumming on your new uke too. :D

@UkeNinja - Yeah, it is my first ukulele. Sooooooo happy. :love:
I am a 3 chord strokin' beginner. That's ok though.
I checked around a few places and couldn't find really a good selection however, I then went to GString's japanese website and found one of their authorized delears. Heartman guitar's in Shibuya. That is where I ended up picking it up.

@Kanaka916 - I know it comes standard with their ukes however, I really like how it is bold yet very subtle at the same time. You should of seen how many teeth I had to pull(out of my wifes mouth LOL) just to convince her to let me buy this now. hihihi.
My next one, maybe next year will be a complete custom.

To everyone. Thanks for the luv. :music:

Top Bottom