Building a Pineapple TENOR?!?!?!

SamIAm

Reaction score
So my pops and I have been talking about building our own ukuleles from scratch for quite a long time. About 2 months ago he ordered plans and a book from Hana Lima 'Ia which they use in their ukulele building classes. The initial start up is gunna be expensive(thx jebus i don't have to pay for it) as we need a few tools but a lot of the ones we need we have from when we built a boat( it was a disaster btw ), So anyways where im trying to get to in all this is in stead of building a normal figure 8 shaped body i was thinking about building a Pineapple tenor. besides the koaloha tenor i haven't seen any other pineapple tenors so do u think the shape will affect the sound, projection etc... of the tenor? any advice would be very helpful.

Cheers,

Sam

You just might end up with a nice sounding tenor. I too don't recall seeing a tenor pineapple but Leroy Beal, who participates over at the Uke Talk forum, is a relatively new builder who has been experimenting with his own line of Dew Drop ukuleles. I have one of his tenors in my possession as we speak. It has a very warm and beautiful tone. So I say go for it and see what you come up with. Here is a pick of his dew drop tenor.

Attachments

• dew_drop_tenor.jpg
    dew_drop_tenor.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 18
You just might end up with a nice sounding tenor. I too don't recall seeing a tenor pineapple but Leroy Beal, who participates over at the Uke Talk forum, is a relatively new builder who has been experimenting with his own line of Dew Drop ukuleles. I have one of his tenors in my possession as we speak. It has a very warm and beautiful tone. So I say go for it and see what you come up with. Here is a pick of his dew drop tenor.

Nice. I just checked out his website. Do you know if he plans on selling any soon?

SamIam, I hope you will keep us updated of your and your dad's progress! Sounds like an interesting project.

(hope the ukes turn out better than the boat...)

I plan on it! The Hana Lima 'Ia manual is wonderful. it breaks verything up into 10 sessions.

Top Bottom