Case For A Super-Soprano?

grownupboy

Reaction score
hey all,

thinking of getting a super-soprano (soprano body with a concert neck) and i'm wondering if anyone knows of a hard case that is made for this size uke.

i know you can put it in a concert case but it seems to me that it would be a little loose and i'd be afraid of the thing banging around a bit when travelling. i guess you could pad the body comparment but i'd really like to find something that's made specifically for the super-soprano size.

any ideas?

thanks!

p.s. if there are any super-soprano owners reading this - how do you like the hybrid size instrument?

I really like my G-String super soprano...soprano sound with a little more room on the fretboard. The case that came with mine is this one. Seems to fit it well (although the headstock area is tight since I switched from friction to geared tuners). Here's a picture...

Kiana1.jpg

hey all,

thinking of getting a super-soprano (soprano body with a concert neck) and i'm wondering if anyone knows of a hard case that is made for this size uke.

i know you can put it in a concert case but it seems to me that it would be a little loose and i'd be afraid of the thing banging around a bit when travelling. i guess you could pad the body comparment but i'd really like to find something that's made specifically for the super-soprano size.

any ideas?

thanks!

p.s. if there are any super-soprano owners reading this - how do you like the hybrid size instrument?

We have our koaloha long neck soprano inside a soprano case. Not sure of the brande but it is a black case and it is very sturdy. similiar to the vineyard alligator case.

I love my wife's long neck soprano. It gives me a little more room on the frets for my chubby fingers yet it is still small like a soprano. It also gives out a lot of volume for such a small instrument.
Here is a view of it. I also have a video where I am comparing it to a concert and sceptre.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwpv9f2QEOM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

My Koaloha long neck came in a alligator textured Uke Crazy hard case, and it fits just fine, don't know if it's a soprano case or special for long necks, but it works!

My Mya-moe super soprano came from the luthier in a concert uke-crazy case. Although it seems a bit big.

ya, sounds like i'm going to have to settle for a snug fit in a soprano case or a loose fit in a concert. i may end up just cutting some foam inserts or ordering up a custom case from ameritage or something...

hey doc, how did you enjoy the super soprano for the few days you had it...? i'm going with myamoe too (got a start date reserved for april 6) and i'm going back and forth between the super-soprano and just getting a tenor (been playing a concert kanilea for a couple years...) i know i can't go wrong either way!

i started out looking for a tenor only but the super-soprano keeps calling to me... hehe

karl

ya, sounds like i'm going to have to settle for a snug fit in a soprano case or a loose fit in a concert. i may end up just cutting some foam inserts or ordering up a custom case from ameritage or something...

hey doc, how did you enjoy the super soprano for the few days you had it...? i'm going with myamoe too (got a start date reserved for april 6) and i'm going back and forth between the super-soprano and just getting a tenor (been playing a concert kanilea for a couple years...) i know i can't go wrong either way!

i started out looking for a tenor only but the super-soprano keeps calling to me... hehe

karl

I'm telling ya, the Oahu or Koolau is the way to go. $85 bucks and it will fit perfectly. The new cases have longer necks to fit super sopranos and super concerts. I have a super concert KoAloha and it fits great in the concert case. Just order the soprano case from MGM and let him know is for super soprano. He'll set you up with a soprano Koolau or Oahu case that will fit fine. Why pay $300 for a custom Ameritage when you can get close to a custom fit from a beautiful Koolau case? I have seven of them myself.

thanks ronnie - that's great advice! i have an oahu case for my kanilea concert and it's been a great case.

didn't realize they were making them a bit longer now to accomodate the hybrid ukes - sounds like a plan!
k

P1010987.jpg

Standard Kamaka Concert

P1010988.jpg

Super Concert KoAloha

Please note that these are the new arched top cases that have the extra head room.

I have my long neck soprano in one of those standard "hard cases" (Styrofoam covered in black fabric). It just barely squeezes in, and I have to put it in head first to make it work properly. My super concert came in a Uke Crazy case of the same kind of construction, and it seems to work fine for that (close fitting). I also have a concert sized Fremont case (rectangular) that works well for long neck concerts.

I really like long neck sopranos and super concerts.

–Lori

it depends on the brand koaloha supersopranos will fit uke crazy alligator and black lauhalal checker case kanileas will not they work in oahu/koolau soprano archtop cases. Kamaka longnecks fit only in oahu/koolau cases if you can find a kamaka longneck they do exist lol

I have a Koaloha tenor-neck, soprano body, and it fits in a Concert sized black fabric, foam "hard" case by Uke Crazy.

Top Bottom