International Flights full of violin/uke cases carried on

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
There were small cases everywhere in Tokyo and Bangkok. I asked one person if it was for ukuleles and they said theirs was for violin.

I'm thinking there can't be THAT MANY violin players unless there was a meetup somewhere.

I saw 2 small girls with small cases and it made me much happier when I thought is was for ukuleles and not violins.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, I smuggled 13 ukuleles into Thailand without paying taxes that I pay when I send my ukes by mail. YOu should have seen the packing. I had 3 suitcases primarily filled with ukes and I carried on my Koaloha Sceptre. My fears about potential damage were not realized. All are safe!!!

Awesome! That Sceptre has a few air miles ;-)

And you made a video of you playing it at altitude right?....

Unfortunately, all the flights were full and I only got upgraded on my last (3rd) flight but instead of getting an aisle seat, I was boxed in the middle. And at that time, I was getting power naps at the drop of a hat. I likely woulda dropped the Sceptre if I tried to play. THe other economy seats were aisle seats but it was packed like sardines.

Just got back from Japan on business. Was only away for a few days and had some extra room in my suitcase so I decided to pack the Fluke concert. Best thing I've ever done. Great way to spend those sleepless nights when you're totally jet lagged!

Top Bottom