Hallelujah

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
I had time to do a quick recording yesterday. I was looking at a soprano at the time, so I used that. I am bashing it quite hard in places.

This is based on Leonard Cohen's version of the song (not the one from Shrek).

Ah, Ken. I have been wanting to see if you had a version of this song on your You Tube, I have just been too busy to go look.
THank you for that, it was lovely! I really like your voice and it blends so well with your uke playing. You inspire me, sir!

Well that gives enjoyment and inspires a little jealousy.
It's all good :)

Ah, Ken. I have been wanting to see if you had a version of this song on your You Tube, I have just been too busy to go look.
THank you for that, it was lovely! I really like your voice and it blends so well with your uke playing. You inspire me, sir!

I think I have recorded it 3 or 4 times, Mitzy. Some of them use Cohen's alternate words. I have done it on the guitar too.

Hallelujah - guitar version

As always another top job ken, great version. Nicely done

Aloha Ken,
Always a pleasure, and great as ever....nice playing and a nice voice you have!!!! Thanks for sharing...that soprano sounds sweet, is that a Ohana?? MM Stan....

Aloha Ken,
Always a pleasure, and great as ever....nice playing and a nice voice you have!!!! Thanks for sharing...that soprano sounds sweet, is that a Ohana?? MM Stan....

Thanks Stan. Yes, it is one of our higher priced models. It has a solid koa body and reall abalone purfling. I has a very sweeet tone and a fantastic dynamic range. it is called the Ohana SK-350G.

Very, very nice!

Ken, you are always great. Love the L.C. version, his voice is a bit deeper than your's but you almost sound identical.
Thanks again for showing us how it's done. DAP

Ken, you are always great. Love the L.C. version, his voice is a bit deeper than your's but you almost sound identical.
Thanks again for showing us how it's done. DAP

Thanks very much.

My voice now is about as deep as Cohen's was in his early career. His voice has gone MUCH deeper though. Maybe mine will when I'm his age.

Top Bottom