Info about a Uke

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I found a uke that I can get a good deal on. It has a case too, that I think the case is worth more than it is going for. But, as far as the Uke, I know nothing about this one. Can anyone ID it? know any info on it? What type wood it might be? junk? quality?
163086_181617951854003_100000173975723_699126_1824975_n.jpg

148160_181618051853993_100000173975723_699128_7062751_n.jpg

Aloha Bruddah Tudorp,
How you been brother??? It looks like a sweet ukulele...is it arcacia wood(realative to koa) I haven't seen any ukes like that.....
maybe a chinese model like Koa Pili Koko or keli'i....How does it sound???probally solid body with a rich sound...am I right??? MM Stan

Aloha Brudda Stan.

Not sure how it sounds, it's on line bidding (but not ebay). I'm gonna put a bid in, and it is currently pretty cheap around $40. The case is worth that, so I hope I end up with it. The uke itself looks pretty nice, but I have no idea about the manufacture, and neither does the seller (it is a re-sale place). Not sure about that label inside, but was hoping someone might reconize it. Not sure if it is solid, or a lam either. But for the price so far, it's well worth the risk, even if I just end up with a decent case.

Aloha Tudorp,
Beautiful uke, hope you get it, good luck. Seems I seen or read some thing about the sticker spelling ( E instead of U in ukulele) just can't remember. Anyway, good luck on the bidding.......BO......

The spelling is the first thing I noticed, and was hoping that might be a clue as to what it is... If ya think about what you seen on that, please post.. Thanks

Seems I seen or read some thing about the sticker spelling ( E instead of U in ukulele) just can't remember.

This is from Wikipedia:
"The ukulele, (pronounced /ˌjuːkəˈleɪliː/ EW-kə-LAY-lee,[1] from Hawaiian: ʻukulele [ˈʔukuˈlɛlɛ]; variantly spelled ukelele in the UK), sometimes abbreviated to uke...."

I don't if this will help identify this ukulele's origin, but thought I would post just in case it rings a bell for someone.

I think "ukelele" is the way "ukulele" is mostly written in spanish…

So, taking that in consideration, this specific uke may have UK origin? Thats a place to start. Any of our UK Uke friends have any input?

I don't have anything to add, except that I was intrigued by this uke also. Good luck. Hope you get it and that it turns out to be awesome.

It's pretty, whatever it is. I know it's hard to tell from the picture, but it LOOKS like it ought to sound ok. I'd try to get it if I were you and if it doesn't go too high. Like you said, the case alone is worth more than the price of the uke (at the time you posted, at any rate).

Top Bottom