Meat 'n Taters - Why You Should Be Here

hoosieruke

Reaction score
I'm working on the final details for Blue Stone Folk School's "Meat 'n Tater Ukulele Intensive". Six days of ukulele madness begins Sunday, July 6 and runs until Saturday, July 12.

I just got off the phone with ukulele powerhouse and Asylum Street Spanker Alumnus. He's teaching the performance class with us this week. We were discussing what separates our program from others. I thought that I'd share.

I've visited and organized ukulele festivals and love them. Sitting in a room for 90 minutes with 30 other folks working with a ukulele legend is great fun, but it is not the formula for learning. It lacks authenticity and does not allow the student and teacher to develop a relationship.

Meat 'n Taters Ukulele Intensive is designed by a professional educator. A great deal of care and planning has gone into providing an ideal learning environment. Class sizes are limited. Teachers spend time informally with students playing and talking.

To provide authenticity the week ends with a large public concert. Students spend the week preparing for their part in this performance. There is no better motivator than knowing that new skills will be showcased in just a few days.

A week long intensive program is not for the weak-hearted. Committing to a week of intense study is intimidating and difficult, but at the end of that week students will not only be playing at a new level, but will gained have tools and understanding that will direct learning for weeks...or even months.

Most importantly, Blue Stone Folk School is dedicated to bring only the best instructors to central Indiana. Being a great player is not enough...we recruit proven teachers.

Take a look at the clip linked below. Pops Bayless is amazing on stage and is willing to teach you the skills you need to do this.

http://www.bluestonefolkschool.org/popsteaser.html

Wow! That looks really nice. Too bad I live in Minnesota.

I found the Blue Stone web site about a week ago and was reading about the 6 day intensive. Sounds like a great opportunity to learn from some of the best. Can't make it to Indiana this year, maybe next year. Do you think you all can share some videos with the UU community?

We'll be posting photos/video and recordings during the week on our website. i'll send reminders when they are updated.

We have a blast. Folks must like it, nearly half of last years' group is retuning!

I'm working on the final details for Blue Stone Folk School's "Meat 'n Tater Ukulele Intensive".

Sounds great... love to attend... but why doesn't anyone ever hold a "Tofu 'n Tater" workshop for us vegetarians? It's like all those charity fundraiser BBQs we have to miss.

Top Bottom