The wait is killing me!

mwaller

Reaction score
ShipmentInfo.jpg

Any guesses about what might be arriving today? I'll give you some hints... 4A Koa... Ebony accents... Peghed tuners...

Mika

Kamaka Jake special? Anticipation is killing us also. What ever it is, good for you Brah............

Congrats Mika,
Owning a Kamaka is on my BUCKET LIST!!!! Again, congrats and wishing you and your new best friend all the best......BO.......Oh,just noticed your 100 post, congrats on senior status also......

Last edited:
Aloha Mika,
Congrats on your new Kamaka Tenor....Have Fun and enjoy!! Happy Strummings!! Hope it arrives soon....MM Stan

Congrats on the Kamaka and your Senior Member status. I received my Kamaka Tenor a couple of months ago and I love it. Good luck - I look forward to some pics.

I was going to guess a Collings because of the pegheads. Congrats and enjoy the Kamaka Mika

I was going to guess a Collings because of the pegheads. Congrats and enjoy the Kamaka Mika

I actually sold my Collings to help fund the Kamaka. Loved the Peghed tuners, but I never warmed up to the Collings. I was delighted when Kamaka agreed to install the Pegheds on my special order HF-3.
Will post pics when it arrives!
Thanks,
Mika

I was going to guess Collings too! That's awesome that Kamaka agreed to install them. They are awesome. They were on a Collings and also a Pohaku uke that I tried out at Gryphon strings this past weekend and I was amazed at how easy they were to turn and how light they were. My dad's 8 string Kamaka is super heavy at the headstock end and I bet if they would have used Peghead tuners it wouldn't be bad at all!

The wait is over! I happened to be on my lunch break when the uke was delivered. Here are some quick and dirty shots...

Good times are ahead...
IMG_5826.jpg

Anticipation mounts...
IMG_5827.jpg

The moment of truth...
IMG_5828.jpg

Top Bottom