PDA

View Full Version : What to do, when its not a ukulele weather.. at all!!!

marihhen
11-30-2010, 06:35 AM
FIGHT IT!
Its been snowing for a week now here, in Estonia. Thought I would take a best of it and thats what I did last night :) just wanted to share.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18077

So I thought we could do a little weather report with pictures.
Its -10C and snowy in Estonia
whats the weather like at your place :)

UncleElvis
11-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but...

I love you!

When I read the thread title, my initial reaction was "Well, what you do is MAKE it ukulele weather!"

You did that perfectly. Well done!

808boy
11-30-2010, 06:46 AM
Aloha Marihhen,
What a beautiful picture(postcard grade), and the model is gorgeous. Is that you? WOW!!!! Don't know where Estonia is. I'm in the Norcal Valley, rainy and getting colder, great weather to stay indoors and play my ukes and browse this forum. Big Mahalo for sharing the picture. ...............BO..........P.S., I second Uncle Elvis, I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jnobianchi
11-30-2010, 06:52 AM
WHOA! Fantastic protest against the forces of nature, Marihhen!

It's in the mid 40s and overcast here in New York City - threatening rain later. This is very bad banjo uke weather - the head gets very soft and the sound just sort of dies.

I hope it lets up soon there. I know these are pretty serious storms.

marihhen
11-30-2010, 06:54 AM
Thanks UnkleElvis and 808boy, I think thats a nicest thing I have heard in a long time!
Jnobianchi usually we have nasty and rainy winters too. Im quite happy with the snow..
when gods give you snow instead of palm trees, you can count on that white sandy (snowy) beach

janeray1940
11-30-2010, 06:55 AM
Whoa, that pic is wonderful! I needed something beautiful to look at this morning, thanks for that.

And now I feel like a total wimp for complaining that it isn't ukulele weather whenever it rains here in Southern California :)

kenikas
11-30-2010, 07:02 AM
I can relate, I've got about 18" in my front yard in the last 2 days! Just want to build a fire in the fireplace and curl up with one of my ukes, but have to dig out and go to work.

ytmr
11-30-2010, 07:18 AM
That's seriously a wonderful picture! and I'm jealous, we only have sunny and rainy weather all year long here.

DAPuke
11-30-2010, 07:18 AM
Awesome pic! Now we know...it's alway ukulele weather.
I'm not complaining about the mid 50's in Oakland.
DAP

dkcrown
11-30-2010, 07:38 AM
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. GREAT photo marihhen!

Mandarb
11-30-2010, 07:48 AM
Cool photo.

BadLands Bart
11-30-2010, 09:26 AM
You mean there was snow in the picture?????

Very nice, very very very nice!!!!

lozarkman
11-30-2010, 10:07 AM
I echo Bart. I don't see any snow!! :) Nicely done. Lovely reprieve from the doldrums of bad weather. Now you need to do a seasonal thing. We look forward:)) Lozark

Uncle Leroy
11-30-2010, 11:08 AM
WOW! you have made my day better. I live on a tropical island and right now I could stand a little snow.

Rockabilly
11-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Awesome pic..you rock girlie!

OldePhart
11-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Wow, that's a keeper. The picture, the girl, the uke...all keepers! :)

That really is a very creative picture - it would make great poster.

John

CoLmes
11-30-2010, 12:54 PM
So... how far is Estonia from Pennsylvania?

Chris Tarman
11-30-2010, 02:10 PM
I second (and third and fourth) what everyone else has said: That is a FANTASTIC photo, and I would buy a poster (or postcard or framed print) of that in a HEARTBEAT if you were to make them available. It's just lovely, and really captures the spirit of the ukulele. No matter what the weather, ukuleles bring warmth and happiness.
Bravo!

It's -5C here right now, and was -14C when I left the house for work at 6 am today. We have a bit of snow on the ground, but that will probably go away in a few days... until it snows again. I live in kind of a high desert climate. It snows all around me, but my town is in a "weather hole"!

roxhum
11-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Whoa, that pic is wonderful! I needed something beautiful to look at this morning, thanks for that.

And now I feel like a total wimp for complaining that it isn't ukulele weather whenever it rains here in Southern California :)
Please take no offense janeray1940 but I spent the better part of my life in Southern CA and Southern Californians fall apart when it rains. It is pitiful.

Isn't all weather ukulele weather? It is in the 40's to 50's here along the northcoast of California and the rainy season is upon us so rain rain and then a little more rain.
Roxhum

janeray1940
11-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Please take no offense janeray1940 but I spent the better part of my life in Southern CA and Southern Californians fall apart when it rains. It is pitiful.

Isn't all weather ukulele weather? It is in the 40's to 50's here along the northcoast of California and the rainy season is upon us so rain rain and then a little more rain.
Roxhum

No offense taken :) Although I'm a native Californian I did spend five years in Seattle, so I know better than to fall apart when a little wet falls from the sky. But my ukes really do tend to sound a bit off on rainy days! Even so - yes, it's always ukulele weather.

ADD
12-11-2010, 04:32 PM
I second (and third and fourth) what everyone else has said: That is a FANTASTIC photo, and I would buy a poster (or postcard or framed print) of that in a HEARTBEAT if you were to make them available. It's just lovely, and really captures the spirit of the ukulele. No matter what the weather, ukuleles bring warmth and happiness.
Bravo!!

Absolutely agree!! I think UU should sponsor a BEST Photo of the Year contest that best promotes the Aloha spirit. I'm voting in advance for yours.

mm stan
12-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Aloha Marihhen,
Over here in Hawaii so far this year it dropped to a 64 degrees so far...but that's a really nice photo of you....glad to see the ukulele spirit is strong with you in Estonia...
When it gets really cold, just play your ukulele to warm up...and think of Hawaii...I'm sure one day you'll visit here...Happy Strummings Girl!!! and Happy Holidays
to you and your family!!! thanks for sharing the awesome photo of yourself and your neighborhood!! Take Care and Keep Warm!!! Many Blessings!! MM Stan..

Uncle Rod Higuchi
12-12-2010, 02:16 AM
Just to put things into perspective, yesterday, Sat Dec 11th, SUPA members played in the rain, in Seattle, at night for the Annual Pathway of Lights event at Greenlake. It wasn't raining heavily, but a bit steadily. We were, some of us, under a thin canopy with Christmas lights for illumination - so reading the music sheets were a bit challenging.

This doesn't do it justice, but here's a link to my rendition of many of the songs we did in our 25 min slot:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/74gHBwmM/Holiday_MP3s.html

Enjoy and keep uke'in',

PS Beautiful picture!!

johntz
12-12-2010, 02:59 AM
Gorgeous picture. Well done!
It is 10 degrees F here is Chicago with 50mph winds and blizzard conditions. I'm in my study practicing cords thinking of my time in Hawaii two weeks ago. When the snow flies, it's that much easier to practice inside.

Ukuleleblues
12-12-2010, 04:06 AM
Just to put things into perspective, yesterday, Sat Dec 11th, SUPA members played in the rain, in Seattle, at night for the Annual Pathway of Lights event at Greenlake. It wasn't raining heavily, but a bit steadily. We were, some of us, under a thin canopy with Christmas lights for illumination - so reading the music sheets were a bit challenging.

This doesn't do it justice, but here's a link to my rendition of many of the songs we did in our 25 min slot:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/74gHBwmM/Holiday_MP3s.html

Enjoy and keep uke'in',

PS Beautiful picture!!

We played up in Summerville at People, Place and Quilts from 1 - 4:30 out side. 51 was the high and there was a light drizzle. We did alot of christmas songs and some of our regular stuff. I wasn't as cold as I thought I would be. Layers.

cletus
12-12-2010, 09:28 AM
I love Arizona winter. It's pushing 80 degrees, a little warm for the season. It's nice to be able to sit out on the patio and uke it.

marihhen
12-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Absolutely agree!! I think UU should sponsor a BEST Photo of the Year contest that best promotes the Aloha spirit. I'm voting in advance for yours.

you saying that, is a reward itself!
mm stan, thank you for kind wishes!
Uncle Rod wow! I had never heart the song about wanting Hippopotamus. I liked it very much.
Johntz and ukuleleblues, I envy you (just a bit) I would like to go outside and play some sweet ukulele. But everything happens for a reason and maybe I would scare people off. I hope in spring I am ready to make some people happy with my playing :)

And now the big news!- I have made an account in zazzle and Posters, postcards with that picture are now available in H E R E (http://www.zazzle.com/ukumari?rf=238655016803470194)
Will be working all day to create new products.
If I should make any profit, I will use the money to popularize ukulele in Estonia. Have so many great ideas what I could do :)

If there is something particular you want just let me know and I will get right to it! ( Im working on clothing right now)
And most importantly If you see a spelling or any other mistake on the products please do let me know.

Helms
12-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Greeeeat photo! :D
Too bad it's not a bit wider, would be perfect for background on the computer :)
Fits perfect for iPhone :D

ADD
12-14-2010, 12:14 AM
you saying that, is a reward itself!
mm stan, thank you for kind wishes!
Uncle Rod wow! I had never heart the song about wanting Hippopotamus. I liked it very much.
Johntz and ukuleleblues, I envy you (just a bit) I would like to go outside and play some sweet ukulele. But everything happens for a reason and maybe I would scare people off. I hope in spring I am ready to make some people happy with my playing :)

And now the big news!- I have made an account in zazzle and Posters, postcards with that picture are now available in H E R E (http://www.zazzle.com/ukumari?rf=238655016803470194)
Will be working all day to create new products.
If I should make any profit, I will use the money to popularize ukulele in Estonia. Have so many great ideas what I could do :)

If there is something particular you want just let me know and I will get right to it! ( Im working on clothing right now)
And most importantly If you see a spelling or any other mistake on the products please do let me know.

Yeah! You did it! Going shopping later today. Need to get some rest before minor surgery.

dkcrown
12-14-2010, 02:06 AM
Wow, great innitiatve marihhen. I love your drive to make things happen. It is one thing to talk about doing things, but it is another to actually do it. You go girl!

marihhen
12-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Helms put THAT (http://www.zazzle.com/ukulele_winter_wonderland_iphone_cover_speckcase-176415831435598219) on your phone :D I can make them available in Germany or Sweden so the transportation cost wont be so big :)

ADD, thanks :)but I fare that t-shirts dont look as good as they should I dont know what to do with them...

dkcrown, To be above board I must say that probably I wouldnt of done that if I did not had great and inspirational people around me here in UU

Hmm, maybe I should do some Happy new uke day! cards aswell :D

rem50
12-16-2010, 02:12 AM
I think I found the inspiration for my next painting! It already looks like one! rem

marihhen
12-16-2010, 03:50 AM
rem50, please do show us when its ready!