What to do, when its not a ukulele weather.. at all!!!

marihhen

Reaction score
FIGHT IT!
Its been snowing for a week now here, in Estonia. Thought I would take a best of it and thats what I did last night :) just wanted to share.
attachment.php

So I thought we could do a little weather report with pictures.
Its -10C and snowy in Estonia
whats the weather like at your place :)

Please don't take this the wrong way, but...

I love you!

When I read the thread title, my initial reaction was "Well, what you do is MAKE it ukulele weather!"

You did that perfectly. Well done!

Aloha Marihhen,
What a beautiful picture(postcard grade), and the model is gorgeous. Is that you? WOW!!!! Don't know where Estonia is. I'm in the Norcal Valley, rainy and getting colder, great weather to stay indoors and play my ukes and browse this forum. Big Mahalo for sharing the picture. ...............BO..........P.S., I second Uncle Elvis, I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
WHOA! Fantastic protest against the forces of nature, Marihhen!

It's in the mid 40s and overcast here in New York City - threatening rain later. This is very bad banjo uke weather - the head gets very soft and the sound just sort of dies.

I hope it lets up soon there. I know these are pretty serious storms.

Thanks UnkleElvis and 808boy, I think thats a nicest thing I have heard in a long time!
Jnobianchi usually we have nasty and rainy winters too. Im quite happy with the snow..
when gods give you snow instead of palm trees, you can count on that white sandy (snowy) beach

Last edited:
Whoa, that pic is wonderful! I needed something beautiful to look at this morning, thanks for that.

And now I feel like a total wimp for complaining that it isn't ukulele weather whenever it rains here in Southern California :)

I can relate, I've got about 18" in my front yard in the last 2 days! Just want to build a fire in the fireplace and curl up with one of my ukes, but have to dig out and go to work.

Awesome pic! Now we know...it's alway ukulele weather.
I'm not complaining about the mid 50's in Oakland.
DAP

You mean there was snow in the picture?????

Very nice, very very very nice!!!!

I echo Bart. I don't see any snow!! :) Nicely done. Lovely reprieve from the doldrums of bad weather. Now you need to do a seasonal thing. We look forward:)) Lozark

WOW! you have made my day better. I live on a tropical island and right now I could stand a little snow.

Awesome pic..you rock girlie!

Wow, that's a keeper. The picture, the girl, the uke...all keepers! :)

That really is a very creative picture - it would make great poster.

John

I second (and third and fourth) what everyone else has said: That is a FANTASTIC photo, and I would buy a poster (or postcard or framed print) of that in a HEARTBEAT if you were to make them available. It's just lovely, and really captures the spirit of the ukulele. No matter what the weather, ukuleles bring warmth and happiness.
Bravo!

It's -5C here right now, and was -14C when I left the house for work at 6 am today. We have a bit of snow on the ground, but that will probably go away in a few days... until it snows again. I live in kind of a high desert climate. It snows all around me, but my town is in a "weather hole"!

Last edited:
Whoa, that pic is wonderful! I needed something beautiful to look at this morning, thanks for that.

And now I feel like a total wimp for complaining that it isn't ukulele weather whenever it rains here in Southern California :)
Please take no offense janeray1940 but I spent the better part of my life in Southern CA and Southern Californians fall apart when it rains. It is pitiful.

Isn't all weather ukulele weather? It is in the 40's to 50's here along the northcoast of California and the rainy season is upon us so rain rain and then a little more rain.
Roxhum

Please take no offense janeray1940 but I spent the better part of my life in Southern CA and Southern Californians fall apart when it rains. It is pitiful.

Isn't all weather ukulele weather? It is in the 40's to 50's here along the northcoast of California and the rainy season is upon us so rain rain and then a little more rain.
Roxhum

No offense taken :) Although I'm a native Californian I did spend five years in Seattle, so I know better than to fall apart when a little wet falls from the sky. But my ukes really do tend to sound a bit off on rainy days! Even so - yes, it's always ukulele weather.

Top Bottom