Soul Sister on Glee Tonight (Tuesday 11/30)

tuscadero

Reaction score
Darren Criss and the Dalton Warblers will be performing Train's Soul Sister tonight on Glee. I'm sure some of the UU community is a little tired of that song as it is everywhere and the "ukulele song" for people who know little about the uke. (and you can count me in that group, for the record) BUT, I watched the preview and I was charmed by how the acapella group managed to sound super uke-y using only the sounds of their voices and so, I share. What do you all think?

then I probably shouldn't mention that they actually had a uke player in the band for Dog Days Are Over at the end of the show, eh?

then I probably shouldn't mention that they actually had a uke player in the band for Dog Days Are Over at the end of the show, eh?

Now, that's the kind of stuff that gets you in hot water. Eh?

note to self: don't share Glee stuff.

Got it, thanks.

Sorry about that. I have a hard time stopping myself from ragging on Glee. My not-so-secret shame is that I watch the damn show every week, even though I can't stand it. I cannot explain why. If you like Glee, more power to you. I do get some geeky satisfaction out of the fact that the guy featured in that video, Darren Criss, played Harry Potter in A Very Potter Musical and its sequel.

Dont feel too bad. I have a love/hate thing for it too. I watch it every week with the family, and typically get in trouble for making fun of it during the show. But, I keep watching.

P.S. I am also sick and tired of that 'autotune" thing I keep hearing 'artist' mess around with. That was way old, since the first time I heard it.

We watch the show, and the first thing I said to my wife when that scene came on was "Pretty cool how they are mimicking the sound of ukulele strums".
Yes, as an audio engineer by trade, the music is so produced in these shows, that it just doesn't seem real. Unfortunately, the majority of viewers probably think they sound like that in real life, and are actually singing it on stage... D'oh!
Cheers,
Skottoman

Autotune, shmottotune. I love Glee!

I like glee. I hope I never need autotune.
DAP

I hate how much I like Glee. I adore Brittany. :)

But ugh, I still hate having her with Artie. Brittany + Artie = wrong!!!!

I use autotone when I post; otherwise it would look like this...

Im'nto uinsg atuotne nnow.

John

Nope, not mean. She grates on me sometimes too. But I will admit, she is probably the most talented among them.

My wife and I are big time Glee fans. Still haven't watched last nights episode. We got home too late to start it. It will probably be the first thing we do after dinner. :)

You think Rachel is the most talented? I'm all about Mercedes. I think she should get more solos. :)

I personally like Artie and Brittany S Pierce. It's so wrong which makes it so right!

You think Rachel is the most talented? I'm all about Mercedes. I think she should get more solos. :)

I personally like Artie and Brittany S Pierce. It's so wrong which makes it so right!

True enough, Mercedes is talented as well. You should like last night's episode then, as she sings a duet with Tina in it.

Argh, I can't deal with the Artie/Brittany. I guess I just prefer her with Santana. Or even Mike Chang.

Top Bottom