I know I've been MIA

joeybug

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've had numerous PM's, visitor messages and enquiries through some of my friends on here about where I've been since I did a bit of a disappearing act. I can only say that I'm sorry I didn't think to post, but my life has been a bit of a mess.

Firstly, my Great-Nan is dying and a lot of family problems relating from that have caused me to be under a lot of stress. I won't go into details here, but the stress caused me to have an M.E relapse. For those who don't know what M.E is (it's called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as well, mostly in the USA and Australia) I was in a lot of pain, and sleeping up to 20 hours a day, when I was awake I didn't have enough energy to do much more than take the necessary tablets and get myself some food. I did contact a few people from UU to let them know what had happened, but wasn't well enough to post.

I just want to thank you all for the well wishes that you all sent, either through a PM yourself or through a message from someone who you knew spoke to me :D

To prove that I'm hopefully back (even though I'm still recovering and won't be back to my normal antics for a few weeks yet - hoping to be well enough for Christmas!!) I have both "Labels" with an UP STRUM!!!!

And the release of "Remembering Jessie" that I plan to put out for her anniversary on the 4th. Thanks to those who gave advice on that :D Again, I play now with an up strum, it's not perfect, but it's getting there..

So, here's the video of "Labels":

And here's the "official" video for "Remembering Jessie":

Let me know what you think of both and to those who sent PM's, I'll try to send you something back shortly!

Thanks for the Aloha Spirit!

Joey

Hi Joey, Glad you are back on and feeling somewhat better! Those two videos were just great and it is really nice to see how much you have progressed. Now you are getting the up strum!! Keep it up girl!!!

All the best!

Cheers

Joey.. GREAT job!! I am SO SO happy you are feeing better!
So good to see you back on the forums!
take care...

I'm a way from being all better, but I'm getting there, just about to get something to eat and then head up to bed since it's past 11pm, will have to do the PM's tomorrow!

Thanks for your well wishes, hon :D

Hi Joey

sorry the family stress and your nan's health caused you to relapse with the chronic fatigue.

Really appreciate this post mate, as many of us have been very worried. And like fitncrafty said, Just pleased to see you and hear your voice again sister.

Try not to overexert till you're fully on top of things.

God bless Joey. eugene

Hi Joey, It's good to see and hear you. Your songs are great. "Remembering Jessie" is quite touching. I'm impressed with your playing, nice up strum. Thanks for checking in even tho you may not feel up to it.
My prayers are with you and your family.
DAP

I had kinda wondered where you were. Glad you feel better and welcome back!

Hey Joey, very glad to hear that you are doing better and back on at UU! Plus your playing is really getting better, loved the videos!!

Welcome back Joey.
We missed you.

It's great to see you again, and I'm glad you're feeling better. Thanks for posting the videos. I enjoyed them a lot.

Joey,
I'm so glad to see you back here on UU. I'm sorry about your family and health problems. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope things keep improving for you.
That upstroke is coming along VERY nicely! You have improved by leaps and bounds! Keep it up, and feel better and better and spend more time with us here! I have always enjoyed your posts and videos immensely! And your t-shirts!
"Keep Calm and Carry On"
Cheers!
Your friend Chris

Aloha Joey,
Welcome Back and Great to see you and hear your voice again...I am happy to hear that you're improving with your health too..
Many of us here were so worried for you, and I'm glad that you're still playng your ukulele and have greatly improved with it
and your strumming...Sending well wishes to you! I will continue to pray for You and Great Nan though difficult times...
Take Care and God Bless!! Your Friend, Stan...

Last edited:
Aloha Joey,
Don't know you but read your post and I am glad you're making big strides toward better health. My heart goes out to you and your Nan. You have my support and prayers. Take care and keep strumming...............BO.............

Joey,
It is so good to see you back. I am sorry about your Great-Nan and the stress you and your family are going through. Happy that you are on the road to recovery.
Did you write both those songs. Wow! They were great and what a lovely tribute to your friend. That is really special and I know Jessie's family and friends are going to appreciate you posting it publically on Jessie's facebook.
Welcome back,
Roxhum

Hey bug.. Glad to see you pulling yourself up out of a rut. Always love to hear of success stories. Great songs, and your playing is coming along great. I need to play some more. I hadn't opened my case for about a week. I played some for the grand kids upon request over the Thanksgiving holiday, but that has been it lately. I need to pull myself up a bit myself.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Nice to see you back, and that you're writing your own songs. Tres cool!
Also, I've really noticed your improvements! Getting better and better all the time!
Cheers,
Skottoman

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

OMG...I thought your poiple uke had gone feral and chewed off your fingers and you were unable to tap out an SOS with the bloody stumps on the 'puter to your buddies in UU land. I guess I was wrong and the real reason was far more plausable.....Phew.....

OMG...I thought your poiple uke had gone feral and chewed off your fingers and you were unable to tap out an SOS with the bloody stumps on the 'puter to your buddies in UU land. I guess I was wrong and the real reason was far more plausable.....Phew.....

LOL *giggles* That put a smile on my face :D

Poor Astrid, she doesn't get played as much as before Lilo and Rhea arrived!

Thanks to everyone who's replied, it's nice to have been missed and I am sorry for worrying you all!

Top Bottom