11-30-2010, 07:07 PM
http://www.lagguitars.com.au/2010/images/UKULELES/u700t.jpg
Features
What year was it made? 2010
Where was it made? France
How many frets? 18 Nickel frets
Solid-Top? Laminated top? Solid Koa top, back and sides
Any pickups or electronics? none
Body and neck woods? Rosewood and maple binding. Mahogany neck with tramontane headstock.Rosewood fingerboard and bridge.
Finish Natural French Satin
Body style Tenor
Bridge style im not sure of the name , but im gonna go with ??String through Body??
Tuners Enclosed Black geared Tuners
Neck/Scale Mahogany Neck
Included accessories Lag Gig bag softcase , very well made well padded

Sound
How does it suit your music style (and what is that style) Im starting to play songs without chords and rather tabs, this guitar makes it easy with its widely spaced frets
Likes and dislikes? Love the attention to detail, dislike the lack of fret markers on the fret board
Rich/Full sound? Bright sound? Great intonation, really bassy sound especially on the C string.

Action, Fit & Finish
How well was the ukulele set-up at the factory? (How was the action?) EXCEPTIONALLY WELL, it came strung with Aquilla Nylagut strings. All the woods are free of blemishes, there is some visible glue but its not a major thing the only reason i saw it was that the salesman was honest and pointed it out to me, the tuning stock are beautiful in terms of mechanics and hold the tune.
Properly bookmatched top? YES
Properly routed bridge?Exquisitely made with precision, nice sharp lines

Reliability/Durability
Will this ukulele withstand live playing? Definately it is beautifully made
Does the hardware seem like it will last? as above
Is the finish good enough to last, or does it seem thin and easy to wear off with lots of playing? the finish is french satin , it is quite thick and could survive abuse from long nails,picks or scratches
Can you depend on it?100%
Would you use it on a gig without a backup? YES!

Customer Support
If you've dealt with the company, how helpful/friendly were they? Havent dealt with the company per se, but the dealer was exceptional and treated me very well.
Ever try and get it repaired? N/A
Was it under warranty? N/A
How long is the warranty Limited Lifetime Warranty

hope this was useful to you guys, i attatched a few pictures of the uke and its concert counterpart.

808boy
11-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Aloha Uke87,
New here? Welcome to UU. Beautiful uke, congrats on it and thanks for the review. May I ask what the cost was in US$? Wishing you many happy moments with your uke.............BO...........

Uke87
11-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Hey, yes relatively new here! thanks for the welcome. I paid 599 AUD which equals at the moment 573USD, its not a cheapie, but by no means a kamaka! i just love the attention to detail, and the fact its not mass produced rubbish!

808boy
11-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Mahalo for the reply Uke87. It sure isn't a Kamaka but is sweet in its own rights. And solid Koa at that. NICE!!!.........BO.........

GreatGazukes
11-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Hi and welcome from a fellow Ausie in Melbourne.

I had noticed these appear on Ebay, Melmusic I think and thought they looked very smart. Glad to hear of the thumbs up.

Cheers

Uke87
11-30-2010, 07:59 PM
thanks for the welcome Great Gazuke! trust me mate, i was skeptical at first, i went and spent a good 40min playing it and looking over it with a microscope and i really couldnt fault it. definate thumbs up on this, its a masterpiece.

mm stan
12-01-2010, 02:05 AM
Aloha and G'Day Uke87,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and Congrats on you ner Lag U700T ukulele...Thank you for your insight and review of your ukulele, we are always intrested in new brands and models...
Have Fun and Enjoy playing it!!! Happy Strummings....Cheers, MM Stan..

molokinirum
12-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Welcome to the UU Uke87! That is a very nice looking uke. You say it is a bit bassy on the C string, is it possible for you to post a sound clip? I never heard of that brand uke before and really like the look of it and am now dying to hear how it sounds!

Uke87
12-01-2010, 05:29 PM
sure let me upload one to youtube give me a few mins, ive only got the inbuilt laptop microphone i hope it will do it justice.

Uke87
12-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Welcome to the UU Uke87! That is a very nice looking uke. You say it is a bit bassy on the C string, is it possible for you to post a sound clip? I never heard of that brand uke before and really like the look of it and am now dying to hear how it sounds!

Hi Molo, i will post up this sound clip, it honnestly doesent do it justice,i have a pretty bad laptop microphone, it sounds much much sweeter and bassy in real life. the best thing is to actually see one in the flesh, then you will fall inlove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk_FUSLn1fM it appears to be a bit out of sync???? :(

if anyone else wants i took a quick 800k sound file that i can email to them. slightly better sound quality than the above