Santa Barbara's 'Ukulele Jim' goes high tech to pursue musical passion

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
Our own Ukulele Jim is getting major pub! Way to go Jim! Congrats, man.

http://www.thedailysound.com/113010-SANTA-BARBARA-KIDS-CD-UKULELE-JIM

Santa Barbara resident Jim Clark grew up in a household devoid of music.

When his wife, Lisa, became pregnant with twins, Clark, 41, was determined not to let that happen to them.

He decided to learn an instrument to ensure that his children would be exposed to a symphony of sound growing up. But, Clark didn’t choose the violin, trumpet, flute or saxophone. He chose the ukulele.

“I just wanted to have fun,” Clark said. “For me, the ukulele is more fun than the guitar and I knew kids usually like it.”

More at the link...

http://www.thedailysound.com/113010-SANTA-BARBARA-KIDS-CD-UKULELE-JIM

Aloha Seeso,
Nice story and good he can share his passion and pass it on to his kids.. I personally don't think I met him here yet..but would be really nice too...Thanks for sharing....MM Stan

Very cool!

So many people these days see music mainly as something to consume. Those kids are always going to think of it as something to create as well. What a great gift to give them.

JJ

Sweet! I grew up in Santa Barbara, and am the same age, maybe we went to High School together or something.
Great story!
Cheers,
Skottoman

How is it that I've lived in Santa Barbara for the last 13 years and I've never heard of him? Ukulele Jim where are you?!

Awesome Jim. Congrats on the article and the CD's!!!

I've got both Jim's CDs and they are beautifully arranged and lots of fun.

Highly recommended to anyone that loves the ukulele and music to make you smile :)

Just got my copy a few days ago. We know fleas don't sing, so was that Alvin and the Chipmunks singing their part? A fun CD. Thanks.

It's amazing how much fleas sound like chipmunks once you get them in the studio. :)

Really did enjoy it all , especially the real life repartee with your kids on the Hero song. They must have had a ball. Now I have to check out your other CD, but love childrens' song and been asked to do some at the library, now considerating it.
Will you be putting out a companion book with chords and words?

Us Santa Barbarians are around. I think I'll be caroling with the Ukulele Club and maybe playing with Carl Villaverde and some of his students if they set something up. :)

Now that I know we have another uke celebrity in town I'll have to show my support for locals and buy your CDs!

Will you be putting out a companion book with chords and words?

I plan to do this next year after the release of my 3rd CD, which is about halfway finished now. But in the meantime, if there's a song you'd like the chords for just drop me a line and I'll write 'em up for ya.

Top Bottom