PDA

View Full Version : What do you want from Santa?

molokinirum
12-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Have you been naughty or nice? What are you hoping Santa will bring you this year?

I'm asking for some strings, books and music CD's

(Multiple choices allowed...for those who want it all!!)

pithaya9
12-01-2010, 01:14 PM
A crown bridge KoAloha Tenor would be nice.

Hippie Dribble
12-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi molokirinum

great poll mate. Can never have enough ukes or cases!!!! I actually bought my daughter a lovely Emil Bader mango pineapple uke in a tweed case. I also ticked the "other" box as I am hoping to be gifted a couple of graphic novels, namely, Art Spiegelman's "Two Towers" and Marjane Satrapi's "Persepolis".

Nice thread molo, and have a beaut Christmas everyone!

TicToc
12-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Makala Dolphin in Candy Apple Red!

cletus
12-01-2010, 01:49 PM
I checked the Talent box.
On top of all this fun, it'll be awesome.

sukie
12-01-2010, 02:22 PM
If my fingers could start acting like they belong on the ukulele I would be ever so happy.

mm stan
12-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Aloha Moloinirum,
Awww I thought you were handing things out....shucks!!! only kidding...Happy Holidays Brother!!! and Have a Merry Christmas!! Your Friend, MM Stan..

deach
12-01-2010, 03:10 PM
I want dimples like Aldrine. No, I want Aldrine's dimples. Yes, that's it! I want Aldrine's dimples pressed against my face.

MGM
12-01-2010, 03:25 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/musicguymic/012-1.jpg

martin 5k tenor (current owner Dave P)

Chris Tarman
12-01-2010, 03:33 PM
It's a nice thought, but I can't imagine my wife (or anyone else) getting me a uke for Christmas. Even if I told her specifically what to get me.

Jerlial Prophet
12-01-2010, 04:01 PM
I want dimples like Aldrine. No, I want Aldrine's dimples. Yes, that's it! I want Aldrine's dimples pressed against my face.
:uhoh: I wanna say something funny about your post but I just can't do it. It's too perfect.

I'm actually in UAS remission so I just voted for talent. Some practice-free talent sounds good.

The_Oddness_of_It_All
12-01-2010, 04:03 PM
What else but two ukuleles in one? That's right I'm talking about KoAloha's La’au Ku’i Custom Ukulele. :)

http://www.koaloha.com/products/custom-works/laau-kui/

roxhum
12-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Well you asked two questions; what do you want? Answer, new ukulele and case. And what will you get? Answer music book.
Roxhum

The_Oddness_of_It_All
12-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Or maybe this little gem...

http://www.collingsguitars.com/gallery/slideshow.php?ID=127

More so if it was a concert

Dane
12-01-2010, 05:16 PM
I asked for an ukulele, strings, and humidifiers, oh and strap buttons

haole
12-01-2010, 05:49 PM
U-Bass .

Dane
12-01-2010, 05:52 PM
U-Bass .

That's on my personal ukulele list, but its below quite a few other things first =( I really want one. Are you asking for a fretless or fretted?

Kalihonu
12-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I want what sukie wants, ya ya & Aldrines dimples, talent, youth... But seriously I hope those in need get what they need. Merry Christmas & spread the uke!

haole
12-01-2010, 06:33 PM
That's on my personal ukulele list, but its below quite a few other things first =( I really want one. Are you asking for a fretless or fretted?

It's the least like anything else I have, so it's easier to justify than another soprano/concert/tenor. ;) Fretted, most likely.

Lori
12-01-2010, 07:23 PM
If the new Ohana five string (octave G string paired) tenor comes out, I will aim for that from Santa. In the meanwhile, I am preparing a whole herd (or should that be a pod?) of dolphins for my nearest and dearest family members. I have been changing strings all week, and even tweaked the set-up on one! Hopefully, when they are all opened (hopefully together if the flu skips us this year) they will stay in tune. I will have to break them all in.

–Lori

NatalieS
12-02-2010, 02:08 AM
I asked for an aqua blue tenor Steady case for my Pono. As far as I know, Santa obliged via a purchase from ebay. :)

Tudorp
12-02-2010, 02:38 AM
I gotta be honest here. There's nothing monetary I really want. Is it a sign your getting old when all you really want for Christmas is all your kids to come home? Man... I am pitiful, lol..

dnewton2
12-02-2010, 03:01 AM
I gotta be honest here. There's nothing monetary I really want. Is it a sign your getting old when all you really want for Christmas is all your kids to come home? Man... I am pitiful, lol..

Not a sign of getting old just a sign of knowing what is really important. I am kind of in the same boat, not too much I really want as gifts. Just nice to get all the family together for some good times.

Coconut Willie
12-02-2010, 03:16 AM
Makala Dolphin in Candy Apple Red!

Candy Apple....nice!!!!

No doubt...I NEED TALENT!!!!!!! hahaha

Please Santa!!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of the UU ohana!!

sweetskulls
12-02-2010, 03:30 AM
All I want for Christmas is another Christmas.I am actually getting a Kala travel tenor.Happy Christmas everyone.

Mandarb
12-02-2010, 03:31 AM
That is a tough one to answer. My Mom asked me a month ago what I wanted for Christmas and I said something about getting another uke. She called me again yesterday and asked what uke would I like. I said there are a few that I have had my eye on but it is not like I really need another uke. I told her I was just kicking around the idea of getting another one (I have been thinking about a mango uke or baroq-ulele). I told her that I have really been enjoying my Kamaka. Every year she asks what I want and every year I tell her nothing but somehow she always manages to find me something really cool. I have to be careful because my Mom loves Christmas and she usually goes way overboard.

coralmark
12-02-2010, 03:57 AM
I don't want anything uke-related for Christmas, but I did just buy a nice Lanikai soprano for my daughter.

Of course it's nicer than she needs, but she needs someone to show her how to play it ... right?

It's the first ukulele in our house, though I've got a mandolin in my hands an hour a day and my guitar gets play time every weekend.

BadLands Bart
12-02-2010, 04:02 AM
Great thread molokinrum!!

I am hoping Santa brings me a new uke, a case and some strings!! I asked for a Mele concert mahogany. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Merry Christmas to all and happy holidays along with a happy & healthy New Year!!!!

cletus
12-02-2010, 04:23 AM

Pictures or it didn't happen.

hoosierhiver
12-02-2010, 04:36 AM
I'd love a week of 70 degree weather.

808boy
12-02-2010, 05:39 AM
Aloha Molokinirum,
Without getting into it, Santa, nor anyone else can give me what my heart desires. I'm happy with my low end ukes for now, happy that I have a loving family and friends and of course UU and my fellow Brothers and Sisters. I'm hoping Santa will be kind to everyone else and grant their wishes. MELE KALIKIMAKA TO ALL...............BO............

Lori
12-02-2010, 06:48 AM
I'd love a week of 70 degree weather.
I got that for you right here in Los Angeles! Time to relocate Mainland Ukes!
–Lori

Dane
12-02-2010, 09:15 AM
I got that for you right here in Los Angeles! Time to relocate Mainland Ukes!
–Lori

I second this, we're more than happy to take you in CA!

ukeCANjam
12-02-2010, 10:06 AM
I second this, we're more than happy to take you in CA!

Ditto that! :D

Dane
12-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Oh and I wish Santa would bring me natural arch support in my feet....... I hate having flat feet.

OldePhart
12-02-2010, 12:12 PM
I had to check talent - it's the one thing on the list I most need and the only one I can't buy! :(

John

mds725
12-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Aloha Molokinirum,
Without getting into it, Santa, nor anyone else can give me what my heart desires. I'm happy with my low end ukes for now, happy that I have a loving family and friends and of course UU and my fellow Brothers and Sisters. I'm hoping Santa will be kind to everyone else and grant their wishes. MELE KALIKIMAKA TO ALL...............BO............

I know that recent events have made this a very difficult holiday season for you. I think I speak for everyone at UU in wishing for you that the comfort of your family and friends will help you through this difficult time.

molokinirum
12-03-2010, 01:47 AM
Looks like quite a few are getting a new uke....plus some talent!!!!

Hippie Dribble
12-03-2010, 02:12 AM
Aloha Molokinirum,

g'day 808boy

just want to echo Mark's comment and say that I'm thinking of you brother. Many prayers are with you from members here. You're surrounded by angels brother and there's no escape.

The toughest time for you coming up but it's awesome you have a loving family and bunch of friends to hold you close and be there for you. And a uke to hang on to is a nice distraction sometimes. Bless you mate, and MELE KALIKIMAKA to you also. eugene

HornedOne
12-03-2010, 04:32 AM
I'm hoping for an eleuke xD

DAPuke
12-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Makala Dolphin in Candy Apple Red!I could go for that too:)

Uncle Leroy
12-03-2010, 11:46 AM
I am mostly naughty so I had to buy myself a gift. Hopefully my new Fluke Surf Tenor will arrive before Xmas. I am giving a Uke as a gift, does that help my karma?

Ukulele Jim
12-03-2010, 01:40 PM
I desperately want a Blue Ridge tenor guitar.

mm stan
12-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Aloha Molokinirum,
Are you my Secret Santa??? he he..
@Brother Bo, I second what Brother Eugene said, We're your angels here.....
@Brother Tudorp, You're a big man with a Big Heart bruddah!!
@Brother Chris, I hope you didn't ask your wife for more pipes....Martin ukes, Man!!
And Me, I got my Christmas Gift early this year.....it was UU and all of you!! Thank-You very much!! MM Stan..

Coconut Willie
12-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Aloha mm stan and the rest of the UU ohana......

MELE KALIKIMAKA!!!!!!!!!!!

Inner Prop
12-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Sympathy from my wife.

mm stan
12-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Aloha mm stan and the rest of the UU ohana......

MELE KALIKIMAKA!!!!!!!!!!!

Mele Kalikimaka Coconut Willie and all the UU ohana...:):)

KevinV
12-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Since I'm Santa around here, I already know what I'm getting. I'm putting together a coffee shop/busking kit centered around a Roland AC-33 amp. It will be an easily portable and great sounding setup.

cb56
12-04-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm getting the Mighty Uke DVD. I know this because I placed the order then my wife is going to wrap it and give it to me!
I'm so boring!

Dane
12-04-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm getting the Mighty Uke DVD. I know this because I placed the order then my wife is going to wrap it and give it to me!
I'm so boring!

Reminds me of when I was about 8 years old, my dad for no reason drove me 2 towns away, took me to a target or something, told me to pick out a bike and then we bought it. Then afterwards he said "Ok this is your christmas present, don't tell your mother" Then I had to act surprised on christmas. The funniest part was that I had forgotten we got it, since it was a month earlier, so I was surprised! haha

Hippie Dribble
12-04-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm so boring!

we do stuff like that cb. The other night me and my wife hooked on to Amazon and she picked out 3 books she wanted, and I picked out 3 graphic novels. Ordered them together and we'll each wrap them up and give to the other. Mind you, I still have a little something up my sleeve...he he

I don't reckon there's anything wrong with this option. Sure the surprise element is compromised but you know you're getting the person you love something they really want.

The kids ARE going to be surprised though and that's what gives us the biggest smiles isn't it...watching our childrens' faces light up with wonder. :)

Inner Prop
12-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Slightly off topic. One year my wife and I both didn't have a chance to get each other an anniversary card. She caught me trying to buy one when we were in Target for some other things with the kids. Then she confessed. I showed her what I was going to buy her, and she showed me what she was going to buy me. We spent several minutes virtually buying up all the cards we liked. The kids thought we were crazy, but that's an anniversary I'll never forget.

I remember the year my parents "bought" me a sax for Christmas. It was three years after I had stopped playing. I was home from college for Christmas and they claimed that Santa left it, but Santa also left the payment book with only the first payment made. I made all the rest.

KamakOzzie
12-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Well, the new strings arrived today. The new case is on a brown truck somewhere and the cute mail delivery girl should bring the pineapple this week.

I'm so boring!

I know. My wife got the Kamaka tenor for me last Christmas.
Bill

iDavid
12-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Collings UC-1!

Alison
12-04-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm getting a new ukulele! I haven't asked for talent, but it would be much appreciated.

Teek
12-04-2010, 11:52 PM
I just asked for talent cause I really don't have enough for one uke, let alone another, and if I want something for Xmas pretty much I just get it for myself. Nobody asks me what I want and I seldom get anything anymore anyway. That's fine, there isn't much I want besides peace on earth and a new job with a living wage. My family of choice doesn't really do gifts, we just get together and have a nice meal, and that is the best thing.

I usually am really low key now too as I have had so many people I love die in December I have been pretty blue about it the last few years. The body remembers emotional trauma. So this year I got a HUGE lot of new eclectic Xmas songs and have been listening to them and it's really got me cheered. Hawaiian Slack Key Christmas is as great this year as last, this year I added in some blues Christmas. ;)

For the hubby he's the most excruciatingly picky fussbuget about stuff so I gave up and now I just give him a $ amount, say go get what YOU want, and he can have all the fun of hunting up whatever it is. Then I have to wrap it for him and put it away til time to open. If he can't find anything, he'll just have to sit this year out. :rofl:

SuzukHammer
12-05-2010, 12:09 AM
I want my wife to get pregnant (by me).

What am I doing wrong? I keep hearing some buzzing on my 3rd string and my friction tuner keeps slipping.

Do I need talent?

cb56
12-05-2010, 01:14 AM
:stop:
Your wife getting pregnant or not has nothing to do with fret buzz or tuning pegs.
As for talent, I'm sure she could teach you.
(please take this in the good natured way that is was meant) :cool:

SuzukHammer
12-05-2010, 02:00 AM
I always do. Life is too good to take it too seriously.

RuthMarie
12-05-2010, 03:32 AM
I want the Kala Spruce top Travel Ukulele. Tenor Size. :)

BadLands Bart
12-07-2010, 05:34 AM
I want a Mele concert pineapple!! (I wish, hope & pray)

Tudorp
12-07-2010, 05:44 AM
What I wanted for Christmas was to be able to get my daughter what she wanted. I just made the leap today and bought her what she been wanting for some time. A Les Paul. I can't wait till she gets up Christmas morning and finds that under the tree. She's been banging on her poor Strat for 2 years now, and she loves it, but she is gonna have cow when she sees the LP. Been on her wish list for some time. Whoot whoot.. I'm stoked. (Sorry, not Uke related, but still music related)

Coconut Willie
12-07-2010, 09:29 AM
What I wanted for Christmas was to be able to get my daughter what she wanted. I just made the leap today and bought her what she been wanting for some time. A Les Paul. I can't wait till she gets up Christmas morning and finds that under the tree. She's been banging on her poor Strat for 2 years now, and she loves it, but she is gonna have cow when she sees the LP. Been on her wish list for some time. Whoot whoot.. I'm stoked. (Sorry, not Uke related, but still music related)

Very nice Tudorp...she is gonna explode! Better get some cotton for your ears!!!! But then again, a happy child is some of the best music there is!

Tudorp
12-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Very nice Tudorp...she is gonna explode! Better get some cotton for your ears!!!! But then again, a happy child is some of the best music there is!

Since she's taken the guitar seriously over the past couple years (shes actually started playing when she was 5, but only seriously the past two years). Since then, the stock in textile cotton has raised significantly due to my investment, hahahh.. But in all seriousness I love to hear her play, and she's actually pretty damn good. She's been playing her Strat every day in her room, and yeah, it flows through the house, but again, not bad, and even when she makes a mistake, still love hearing her play. But yeah, I think her heads gonna pop when she sees the LP. She doesn't have a clue. Im gonna hang it on the wall hanger that just happens to be behind the Christmas tree and see how long it takes her to notice it Christmas morning. I ussally have one of my vintage banjos on that hanger. Think she'll spot it? hahhah..

seeso
12-07-2010, 10:20 AM
My present will get here a little late. December 29th, to be exact. Yee haw! :D

http://i.imgur.com/sX80a.jpg

MGM
12-07-2010, 03:40 PM
A new liver.....been on list now 7 years..ukulele shaped preferred

pithaya9
12-07-2010, 04:38 PM

I hope that Santa brings this sometime soon, as no one is more deserving than you Mike.

seeso
12-07-2010, 04:42 PM

Good luck, Mike! I'll pray for you.

mm stan
12-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Aloha Mike,
I hope your wish comes true for you!! and I hope it's soon...God Bless and Take Care!! MM Stan..

mm stan
12-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Aloha Tudorp,
I hope you have padding on the ceiling.....because she's gonna jump so high with joy!!!! MM Stan

mm stan
12-07-2010, 04:59 PM
I want my wife to get pregnant (by me).

What am I doing wrong? I keep hearing some buzzing on my 3rd string and my friction tuner keeps slipping.

Do I need talent?
Aloha Frank,
Wishing you and your wife the best of luck....
MM Stan...

Hippie Dribble
12-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi brother Tudorp

the gift of music is a precious thing mate. Blessings to you and your family. Sounds like your house must be always filled with great sounds!!! How awesome a gift that is.

You must try and capture your daughter's reaction on camera for us!!!

Hippie Dribble
12-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Aloha Mike,
I hope your wish comes true for you!! and I hope it's soon...God Bless and Take Care!! MM Stan..

just wanted to echo pithaya, seeso and Stan's sentiments Mike. You have many here praying for you. wishing you all the very best mate.

Miss Michele
12-07-2010, 05:19 PM
I want a Luna Dolphin Concert Uke.

Oh, and I want the day off for Christmas!

Tudorp
12-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Hi brother Tudorp

the gift of music is a precious thing mate. Blessings to you and your family. Sounds like your house must be always filled with great sounds!!! How awesome a gift that is.

You must try and capture your daughter's reaction on camera for us!!!

Thanks. It's not the $$$$ Les Paul, it's the more intermediate one that Gibson and Epiphone jointly put out. It's used and I got a great deal on it, but looks like it hasn't been played much at all. She's gonna freak none the less, because reviews on it are high, and say do manage to crank out that LP sound. Maybe when she gets older, we'll talk the real LP traditional, or maybe studio deluxe. She REALLY loves the 50th Anniversary 1960 custom Black Beauty, but at 7k$, that ones gonna be awhile, lol..

BadLands Bart
12-08-2010, 05:58 AM

I pray that you wish comes true Mike.

Mele Kalikimaka!!!

mds725
12-08-2010, 10:41 AM

Good luck to you, Mike. I hope that the new liver you get is the Kamaka or KoAloha of livers.

OldePhart
12-08-2010, 01:12 PM

Wow, kinda puts all the other stuff on Santa's list in perspective, doesn't it. Hope your wish is fulfilled soon, Mike. We need you around for a long time yet.

John

molokinirum
12-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Is Santa bringing you what you want?????

Jane
12-17-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm hoping for a Loprinzi concert...but, which one? Mahogany or Cherry? Well, the interior debate goes on. By the New Year, a decision will be made (I think!).

Merry Christmas, All!!

cb56
12-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Wow, kinda puts all the other stuff on Santa's list in perspective, doesn't it. Hope your wish is fulfilled soon, Mike. We need you around for a long time yet.

John

Amen to that!

TCK
12-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Same as every year- nothing. Got a job, coupla cool dogs, great wife, highly amusing family and a bunch of Ukes to keep me busy. I suppose another year of the status quo is about all I could ask for.

Brad Bordessa
12-17-2010, 07:32 PM
An "easy" button to open the vortex...