UAS strikes again!

14twelve

UU+
UU+
Reaction score
UAS strikes again! So I've being playing a Flea for a couple of months now, and have always wanted to try a Fluke, but the one I like the best isn't made anymore (Blueberry Fluke). Anyway, I was thinking about it at work the other day, so I wrote to Fleamarket Music to ask if they were going to make any more in the future, thinking maybe I'd buy one next year or something if they did. Anyway, they wrote back and said they had a leftover - slight mark on it, but nothing that affects playability or is even noticeable and it was only $147, so I bought it and it should be here any day! I'm really excited, so just wanted to share. I know it will probably sound the same as my Flea, but it will look and feel totally different. I'll post a photo when it arrives :)

Ahh... the Blueberry. I had wanted one myself, but couldn't find one anywhere. Should have contacted FMM first. Instead I ended up with a natural. Which is nice, too, but not blue. Blue as in blue agave, as in the plant I'm using in a decal to put on the front of my Fluke.

I know it will probably sound the same as my Flea, but it will look and feel totally different.

Nope. I've played both and they're different sounds. I prefer the Flea, both for the sound and the fact that it's easier (for me) to hold, but both are nice ukes.

Since there's a Flea currently in the mail to me it's probably a good thing that it's the one I prefer, hm?

UAS is the greatest.

I'm glad we all suffer from it :)
It makes life worthwhile, you know??

:D

Awesome! That blue color is sooo cute. Kinda jealous. xP but I have a Mango one coming. :) haha UAS gets the best of us. xP Oh, btw if anyone knows, What other colors were discontinued?

Thanks for the comments everyone! I love how we all support each other with this UAS. I also suffer from Ukulitis, a very serious disease that caused me to take a day off work when the last Open Mic was on :)

Nope. I've played both and they're different sounds. I prefer the Flea, both for the sound and the fact that it's easier (for me) to hold, but both are nice ukes.
Since there's a Flea currently in the mail to me it's probably a good thing that it's the one I prefer, hm?

That's great to hear they've got different sounds! I felt kind of bad getting one that sounds exactly like what I already have, but I love the shape of them, and figure seeing they're discontinued, this will be my last chance to get a new one. Good luck with your Flea!

Awesome! That blue color is sooo cute. Kinda jealous. xP but I have a Mango one coming. :) haha UAS gets the best of us. xP Oh, btw if anyone knows, What other colors were discontinued?

I love the Mango colour. That's actually my favourite, but my Flea is Mango, and Blueberry is my second favourite.

haha, oh so true. who brings tequila to an AA meeting? we do!
awesome news Michelle. can't wait to see your new blueberry fluke in action!:)

Thanks Russell, yes, there will definitely be a video. Another reason I got it is because I'm finding that my Flea is the only uke that my webcam will pick up properly. I've tried my Kala and Ohana, and they just don't record well (and I don't have an external mic). I figure the Fluke will record well too so I'll have a bit of variety.

My fingers are crossed for tomorrow (Friday here), otherwise next week.

So my Fluke arrived today!!! I'm very excited. Love the Blueberry colour. Whilst they sound similar, there is a definite difference in tone between the Flea and Fluke. I'm not sure how to describe it. They are both concert size, but the Fluke is slightly deeper in tone I think, and seems to hold the note a bit longer (I'm sure there's a much more technical word for that!)

It's got new strings (Aquilas) so is still at the stage of going out of tune all the time, but once I get it past that stage, and get used to the feel of it, I'll do a video. In the meantime, here are a couple of photos.

Fluke%202.jpg

Fluke%201.jpg

congrats Michelle! she's a beauty and i love the color.

hope this staves off the UAS for a while. i know mine has been acting up lately so i've buried my wallet in the backyard.:)

That's really cool michelle! I love the fluke. It pretty much goes with me whenever I leave my apartment. Everyone seems to be getting a new uke except me...no fair...I need to do something about that.

congrats Michelle! she's a beauty and i love the color.

hope this staves off the UAS for a while. i know mine has been acting up lately so i've buried my wallet in the backyard.:)

LOL! Thanks Russell, I love the colour too - really really didn't want to buy another ukulele, but hey, they don't make that colour anymore. What could I do? :D

Yes this is definitely it for me for a while. We're going to Hawaii in September though, so I can't guarantee that UAS won't act up really badly over there!

Top Bottom