First Vid; Breakdown

vacuousnacho

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been playing for about 3 months and this is my first video, still working on my skills. It's also a little outta a sync. Comments and criticism would be nice =]

Aloha vacuousnacho, Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

Hey guys, I've been playing for about 3 months and this is my first video, still working on my skills. It's also a little outta a sync. Comments and criticism would be nice =]

Aloha VacuousNacho,
Nice job sounded good...thanks for sharing...Happy Strummings!! MM Stan...:):)

Nice job! That was one of the first songs I learned all the way through, although I don't remember a bit of it now! I did a few gigs on bass with a few friends, right after I took up ukulele, and the guitarist/singer knew the song and wanted me to play uke on it. Our keyboardist/trumpeter played bass when I switched to uke. I think he enjoyed it WAY more than I did! He'd never played bass, but had a blast. I actually loved playing the little lick at the end, and had to work hard to convince the guitarist that it should be played by the ukulele. He caved, and it went pretty well. BUT... that guitarist was a raging alcoholic with major self-esteem issues, and I absolutely HATED playing with him (although he's a nice guy). So we only did the song a few times. Those were actually my first uke gigs, even though I've tried to block them from my memory! In my experience, musicians NEVER sound as good as they think when they are drunk.

I applaude your first video and would encourage you to keep it up, it's good for just 3 months. Your chord changes are clean. And your singing is good. I hear a percussive knock occasionally with your down strum. Is it your watch hitting the uke body? I've had that problem with my nails hitting the edge of the fret board. Not a bad thing, but if not on purpose then you may want to work on that. Again excellent for 3 three months. I think You have what it takes to be a good player and have a life time of ukulele fun! Keep posting your progress :)
DAP

Top Bottom