Universal Music Group can kiss my @$$

adellethegreat

Reaction score
Anyone run into this problem before? YouTube has pulled the audio off of one of my videos- my cover of Manic Monday. Well, not YouTube themselves- but Universal Music Group. WTF? Copyright infringement. I put in the video title & the info that the song was by The Bangles... and it's not like I have thousands of subscribers that are watching this bootleg version of a song.

And it's The Bangles! What- are they planning on some reunion tour- makin a comeback soon?! Sheesh!

So, in conclusion- screw you, Universal Music Group.

Does that mean all of our covers are in danger? I'm not going to start getting threatening calls from Sir Paul am I?

Let's all do a cover of their songs and load it on YT! :D:D

lmfao! YES! Go, Uki, go! Go forth!- all of you- and do universal covers :)

Even though I'm still pissed- you guys have made me feel a lot better about it. Thanks!

But man- now I'm wondering if any other songs I've done are theirs- and does this mean I have to check everytime I think of a song I wanna play? Not just me- all of us.

But my biggest question... how the hell did they find me to begin with?!

I'm gonna be in a record store one day when I'm 75 explaining to my grandchild why I refuse to buy the CD they really want. "f** Universal Music." "Grandma, did you just say f**?!" ;)

What exactly happened?
Did you get a msg by Youtube?
How do you know Universal was the culprit?

This was sent to my regular email address, not my Youtube one:

Dear YouTube Member:

Universal Music Publishing has claimed some or all audio content in your video Manic Monday- Ukulele Bangles Cover. This claim was made as part of the YouTube Content Identification program.

Your video is no longer available because Universal Music Publishing has chosen to block it.

Claim Details:

Copyright owner: Universal Music Publishing
Content claimed: Some or all of the audio content
Policy: Block this content.

Applies to these locations:
Everywhere

Thanks Adelle...

It's the end of the world as we know it...

This statement is gonna get Michael Stipe and Peter Buck all over your butt.

Because of the song "Thanks Adelle"? ;)

But seriously, I have to sleep over this message before I can post something... constructive. Or at least not too pessimistic.

Top Bottom