A chance to go on stage with the Oak Ridge Boys

veep

Reaction score
Hey guys! I am a big Oak Ridge Boys fan. Back in August 2008 I went to see them in concert here in Lawton, OK, and have been hooked ever since then.

One day on the UU Mini Jams I was asked to play their big hit, Elvira. Everyone on the jams really liked it and soon I was asked to make a video. More people liked it and now I get asked to play it almost every day. Even my family asks for it now all the time when I see them.

People have told me that I have changed the way they think of the song Elvira. Where they once hated the song, now they like it; that is very cool!

I would really love to play Elvira on stage with the Oak Ridge Boys. It would be like a dream come true for me! Some of my Ukulele Underground friends have set up a page on Facebook to try to get me on stage with them. If you are a Facebook user, will you please go here and click like? It would mean so much if I could go on stage and sing Elvira with them while I play on the uke. If we get more and more people to like it we can send it to the Oak Ridge Boys to find out what they will say. Even if they say no to an on stage appearance but give me a chance to meet them and do Elvira with them it would be so cool.

Thank you so much for your help!

Stephen Butler

This is great, Stephen! I am so on board with all of this.

To everybody out there in UU land who doesn't know Stephen - please jump on this band wagon! He is a great guy whose uke skills have improved steadily since he joined us on UU. I am proud to call him friend and I can only imagine the joy if we could make this opportunity work!

What Jon said.

Best of luck on this, Stephen.

I once went to an Indigo Girls gig in Berkeley, California, and I guy I knew was in the audience holding up a big cardboard sign. Couldn't tell what it said. But for the encore, they did "Closer to Fine" and HE got to play with them onstage. I had no idea he was going to be there (I knew him from LA 300 miles away), so it was obviously odd to see someone I knew in the crowd, only to have him appear on stage.

Go for it! These things do happen.

Stephen, mes amis, is the real deal. He loves.

He loves the ukulele, recently ordering a Mainland and then fretting until it got there. He loves so strong, we, his friends, fretted along with him.
He loves to sing, and does often and with passion.
and he loves the Oak Ridge Boys... and he loves that song.

I think that my favorite moment this year, or next, is the day we get the news that they're gonna let him come on up and play with them.

Hop on Facebook and help him, and us, with this quest.

It'll take 2 secs and will help yer karma somethin' fierce.

I don't do facebook but my wife does. I'll get her log on and you'll have my "like" vote.
DAP

The ORB are great people! I will get on FB and drop em' a line. That would be so cool.

Seven posts and I'm going to cry. You people are the best.

You know you have my support!

Good luck Stephen!

Hopefully more of us will have the courage to go for our dreams!

~Michael

If it was the Pine Ridge Boys, I'd be all over this. I just can't support oak. Ever since that acorn fell on my head, I trust nothing with the word Oak in it.

Heard The Spalted Mango Boys, John? Ain't as good soundin' as the Oak or Pine, but they sho' nuff look purty!

Top Bottom