Win an Acoustic Electric EleUke for Christmas

eleukeusa

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it to you yet, but its December! That means several things:
  1. My excuse for avoiding hanging our Christmas lights has passed
  2. The snow has forced me to start wearing socks again
  3. and most importantly, we at EleUkeUSA are in the Christmas Spirit and want to give stuff away
We have this horrible elevator music piped into our office that is beyond our control and right now its blasting really terrible renditions of Christmas songs. One of us said, "We should hold a UU contest so that we can listen to something good instead of this ..." So thus this contest was born. We like you guys and love hearing/seeing the things you come up with... and we like giving stuff away.

So, we're holding a contest for a brand-spanking-new
Acoustic-Electric EleUke!
Oh the offset sound hole goodness just brings a tear to my eyes... not really, just got a little misty which totally doesn't count as actually crying... anywhooooo....

The Contest
One lucky winner will win a Concert size EAS. Its cool, its got a solid spruce top and a bunch of outputs and techie stuff... check out the link. They're new. They're neat. You'll like 'em.

Contest Rules (they're more like guidelines than rules... and more like suggestions than guidelines... but you should do them anyway, 'cause if you don't you probably won't win, but we will still enjoy watching your video)
  1. This is for fun. Be nice to people. In fact, any comment about any of the video entries that is less than super positive will be an automatic disqualification.
  2. Christmas Themed Video hosted on YouTube with the words, "EleUke Christmas Contest" in the title
  3. must include "http://www.eleukeusa.com" in your description
  4. Videos made for this contest only... meaning, don't recycle and reuse other awesome videos that you've made and use them for this contest
  5. Try not to be boring
  6. All videos must be uploaded by Dec 15, 2010 8:00am MST (or in other words, when we come into work and check on that Wednesday)

A note about the judging. There are 4-6 of us here that will be judges. We are of varying tastes and skills. We are going to have a long discussion/argument on who should win. Out of that a winner will emerge. We do our best to be fair and there are always a lot of varying opinions and large white boards. I cannot stress enough how much we would like this to be a pleasant experience for everyone.

Some of you are going to want to ask us questions like, "Originals or Covers?" "Carols or Contemporary?" "White Bread or Wheat Bread?" ... My answer is yes. Do something Christmas-y. We are not sure what we are looking for and can't really give you a direction to go for or any real judging criteria at all... though white bread kinda freaks me out a little. Anywho, there isn't any judging criteria. If you're the type of person that really enjoys structure and a total lack of direction in a contest bugs you, I would ask that you just move on and don't ruin the contest for everyone else.

For everyone who is cool with a loose contest, grab your uke and camera, do something Christmas related and follow all the rules/guidelines/suggestions.

Everyone in the world can enter, though we can only guarantee shipping in time for Christmas if the winner is in the U.S. Not trying to be biased or anything, just the way our shipping department works.

Go forth and have a great time!

Good luck everyone.
Have fun.
I can't wait to see 'em. :)

Sounds like fun! Good luck everyone!!
Now it's brain storming time!

So if I do an instrumental while wearing a santa hat does that count?

My guess is the "do something Christmas related," and lack of judging criteria would make that entry work!

I am so exited for this contest. I hope you guys like a classic Christmas song. everybody loves a classic

will you be able to obtain 2 eleukes, it there are 2 people in the video( don't have editing software :( ) or just one.

will you be able to obtain 2 eleukes, it there are 2 people in the video( don't have editing software ) or just one.
Sorry, this contest is only for one Eleuke. You'll have to share it :)

Okay here's mine i don't uderstand why i can't find it in the search though, mabye it hasn't processed completey yet.

will you be able to obtain 2 eleukes, it there are 2 people in the video( don't have editing software :( ) or just one.

Just saw you're video, it sounds good.

As for some editing software Audacity is free and allows you to record and dub multiple tracks. The website to download it is http://audacity.sourceforge.net/. The sound quality is only as good as the microphone on your computer but it works nicely. I'm using it for this contest because I have difficulty singing and playing at the same time, so I just play the uke the first time around and then sing over the chords. I would've let you known earlier if I would've seen your comment. Hope I was able to help!

Ryan

Top Bottom