MP Ukuleles

guitharsis

Reaction score
Ordered a custom concert ukulele from Mike Pereira a little over a month ago.

He's already started and keeps me updated with photos of the build process. Absolutely fascinating!

I've been playing stringed instruments for about 10 years (now only the ukulele) and have had 4 luthier made guitars and 3 mandolins. Have never had this kind of commuicatiion with a builder before.

Mikes prices are also quite reasonable for a luthier built ukuele.

Congratulations! I love my MP tenor and I'm sure you'll love your concert! Mike is a great guy and his communication during my build was amazing. Post some pics once you get it. You should also post a video and bring it to Mike's attention...his video page is looking a little sparse.

Aloha Gutharsis,
Congrats on your order and purchase of the MP ukulele....Keep us informed on it's progress....MM Stan
Thanks for sharing!!!

I'm sure you will love your uke...Well I've never been disapointed with the 5 custom MP ukes that Mike build for me....If you want you can hear them on Mike's site...last one been my MP lap steel sqaureneck uke....which I looooove soo much!!!

What wood combo did you choose for your custom?

Keep us updated...

Thanks everyone. Will keep you updated and post pics once I have it.

fumanshu I chose spruce and Madagascar rosewood. I had four choices of Madagascar rosewood samples to choose from.The set I chose is very similar to yours.

guitharsis wrote:
fumanshu I chose spruce and Madagascar rosewood. I had four choices of Madagascar rosewood samples to choose from.The set I chose is very similar to yours.

Nice! I really like my Mad Rosewood-spruce combo. I like how the rosewood brings this bottom end to the end and that kind of ''natural reverb'' to the sound.....If it's what you're looking, you will enjoy your custom!

I bought the concert pineapple (mahogany/redwood) that Mike has on his website and I just love it. It's on a hanger by my bed and I play it every night when I go to bed. I don't sleep with it though! A girl has got have limits on this uke love thing...

guitharsis wrote:

Nice! I really like my Mad Rosewood-spruce combo. I like how the rosewood brings this bottom end to the end and that kind of ''natural reverb'' to the sound.....If it's what you're looking, you will enjoy your custom!

Yes, definitely the sound I'm looking for. Something different from the koa K brands I have. Have always been a fan of spruce/Brazilian on my classical gutars (I've kept two of them) and fell in love with the looks of your spruce Madagascar rosewood when you posted "MP Negra Custom tenor" in May.

I bought the concert pineapple (mahogany/redwood) that Mike has on his website and I just love it. It's on a hanger by my bed and I play it every night when I go to bed. I don't sleep with it though! A girl has got have limits on this uke love thing...

:) Mahogany/redwood sounds like a great combination. Do you have high or low G on your concert pineapple?

He's already started and keeps me updated with photos of the build process. Absolutely fascinating!

Congrats on the upcoming new uke! For those of us who like to live vicariously, or who might someday get a custom build of our own, it would be cool if you could post the photos you get of the build process while the uke is still being built. :)

:) Mahogany/redwood sounds like a great combination. Do you have high or low G on your concert pineapple?

I use a low G on it but both sound equally great. I really love the look of the Rosewood you chose - I'm looking forward to seeing how that one comes out! If Mike sends you any progress pics, post them in this thread so we can all ooo and ahhh :)

Almost bought that concert pineapple myself, but then decided to go for the full custom. Mike is a really genuinely good guy, I think.

Almost bought that concert pineapple myself, but then decided to go for the full custom. Mike is a really genuinely good guy, I think.

I sorta wanted to give him a trial run at a pretty reasonable price before jumping into a custom. Trial run was successful: now that I've played this baby for a month or so I would definitely buy a custom from Mike. You're going to love his work.

I use a low G on it but both sound equally great. I really love the look of the Rosewood you chose - I'm looking forward to seeing how that one comes out! If Mike sends you any progress pics, post them in this thread so we can all ooo and ahhh :)

Going to use low G on the MP and re-entrant tuning on the others. Thanks, I love the look of rosewood too and also love the richer more complex sound of rosewood combined with the crispness of spruce.

Congrats on the upcoming new uke! For those of us who like to live vicariously, or who might someday get a custom build of our own, it would be cool if you could post the photos you get of the build process while the uke is still being built. :)

Thank you. The body is actually already done. Mike works fast!

Hi guys! I was just dropping by to help ''guitharsis'' to post the pics of her new custom uke by Mike Pereira MP ukulele. Mike just finished hew new uke and she send to me the pics since I owned a custom tenor that Mike build for me with the same wood combo less than 1 year ago.

This is a spruce top with back and sides made of Madagascar Rosewood which is a very nice looking wood that sound as good as it looks like!!!

I think Mike did an awesome job once again with her uke!!! The Ying and Yang on the headstock is a nice personal touch!!

Anyway, so hope you enjoy guitharsis new baby!!! Congrats to you !! :)

DSCN1225-1.jpg

DSCN1226-1.jpg

DSCN1234-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you fumanshu! And thanks for posting these pics! Mike just sent it out today. Looking forward to receiving and playing it.

Top Bottom