Concert saddle question- Offset?

rickmorgan2003

Reaction score
I got the plans for my concert from Hana Lima along with the instruction book and there is conflicting info about the saddle. The instructions say the saddle is perpendicular and the distance is 17 3/32 from front of nut yet the plans show the saddle offset in the bridge. I made my bridge with a straight slot so before I go sticking it to the uke or heading back to the community wood shop to make a new bridge thought I would ask you all for your thoughts on the matter.

I've put up a pic from the instruction book showing the bridge, earlier in the book the describe the dimensions and they collaborate the picture.
The other pic is from the plans, which clearly shows an offset to the saddle.

Attachments

• hanalimabridepic.jpg
    hanalimabridepic.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 40
  • hanalimaplan.jpg
    hanalimaplan.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 40
I have the same book I called hana lima to make sure the saddle needs to be straight unless you are string it low g . But 17 3/32 is tenor scale follow the prints for the concert scale witch is 15 in. if i recall

Thanks. I like the plans but the instruction book isn't all that helpful since it is really designed to be the workbook for the class they teach. It assumes you are using all their premade gigs and equiptment and the workbook is all about the tenor size so you have to double check everything to make sure you are scaling things right.

I use straight saddles and the compensation comes out great. Even switch to low G strings on some and they still work out fine.

My experience as well; high and low G are equally compensated. If anything, the C string occasionally needs an additional millimeter of length.

Top Bottom