A Bevy Of Prince Covers

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
Adellethegreat's recent experience with her cover "Manic Monday" revealed the fact that the fartist er, artist, known as Prince doesn't allow covers of his masterpieces.

May I suggest that the fine UU members who post videos on YT deluge the Youtube web site with covers of Prince's songs? I mean, in the vein of my Bangles "Egyptian" video and Deach's sublime cover of "Hazy Shade".

I'd like to see what exactly would be removed from YT - What if the title of the video was "Cover of Prince's "Kiss"" but the actual song in the video was something else? What if the video had a photo of Prince? What if the words were by Prince but set to another melody? Or "You are my sunshine" sung to the tune of "Darling Nicki"? (I don't know if that would actually work.)

What do you think? I'll do one tomorrow. What will you do? The bonus part of this is that you don't have to have actual musical skills to do one of these videos.

Wouldn't it be great to see this become viral? And that everybody on YT do a Prince video? How much would YT tolerate? or Prince? or Universal?

Ideas? comments?

Now that's what I'm talkin bout!!

Uki- you are the freaking man... this is exactly the sort of thing I was thinking about! I posted in the other thread about doing parodies of his songs- set to his tune but with new lyrics- Monetary Gain instead of Purple Rain, etc.

If I had released an album with this song on it- okay, fine- be pissed at me, Prince. But this is just ridiculous. By the end of all this- he shall rue the day.... rue, I tell you!

Hehe... showtime. I'm going to pick something out....

EDIT:

Dear lord... I appear to have a serious disability... I'm unable to sing anything by prince.... which, of course, could add to the amusement.

Last edited:
I'm in. I want to do a mime performance of "Gett Off"...Will that work?

Jim, if you hunt down this outfit, you might be in for an apparel copyright infringement. in any case, i look forward to this!!

vma-prince-butt-200-082306.jpg

Oh man Russ! there goes dinner.

BWAHAHAHAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi5wfVLI7Y0

Funny thing is, I could have done a good cover of this one.... well, as good as the song's lousiness would have allowed...

However...

This is not your average cover.

It's a piece of garbage.

However, I think it does the trick.

Only potential problem that I'm seeing is youtube staff getting ticked off and going trigger happy with their computer mice on the delete buttons for a certain group of youtubers... I really hope that that doesn't happen.

Oh, by the way: this song will most likely be removed by me within a week, as I don't feel like being humiliated further than that.

prince

Im at work and missing all the fun...if I was home i could pull out my polyester suit and "party like it's 1979":nana:

Ok, Dimly lit, poorly sung and played parody is uploading. Since I have a while to wait as it uploads, I might as well tell ya about it, and what I've learned.

1) Its a parody of Nothing Compares 2 you. Apparantly, Prince and Sinead came to fisticuffs over this song. (or, in Sinead's side of it, spiticuffs... look ma, new word)

2) I've come to the conclusion we need more lighting in my apartment... and maybe a merry-made... or a desire to post videos at some time other than 2 am.

3) I finally figured out how to play the 'B' chord shape. Woot. Thank you Adele!

4) I cannot sing worth a damn. I fear this will never change. I will also say, I couldnt find my tushie pants.... then again, me in those pants would scare people away instead of causing them to join the cause.

Thanks guys!

Aside from that... My vid's going to be a reply to Adelethegreat's video.

Top Bottom