Just ordered my first Ukulele! had to tell some one...

Happy Monkey

Reaction score
Just ordered my first uke! I purchased the Kala KA-ST Solid top Spruce, from MGM. comes with the hard case and chord book! for $193 shipped.

Heres the link http://http://cgi.ebay.com/KALA-KA-ST-Sitka-solid-sprucetop-Tenor-Ukulele-DLX-pack-/330504609675?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf39c1f8b

That's the Deluxe package... I got the standard package. Just couldn't find it on there store now.

Estimated arrival date is Dec 7, thats next Tues!!! so excited! I've played an electric guitar for the past few years but was not my favorite instrument out of my collection...

I much prefer acoustic instruments that can be played outside or in the park.

Anybody want to pitch in their thoughts on the Kala KA-ST?

Congrats! That should be a great first uke. I haven't played that model before but I've heard good things about it here.

I don't think your link is good, it sent me to a blank screen with a bad WOT score.

Anyways, solid spruce top I think is a fantastic starting instrument. Spruce is a very popular sound board wood with guitars and such. It will give you some good options for different sounds with different types of strings, and the fact that it is solid is great.

I played one in a local shop and it seemed quite good. I've got the Makai spruce top tenor and they're very comparable. Of my 3 tenors it's definetly one of my favorites. I'm sure you'll love it especially from MGM!

I started with a Kala lacewood/spruce tenor from MGM...1000% satisfied, great sound, easy to play, LOUD w/Aquilas.
You'll be happy!
Don't forget your humidifier.

Aloha Happy Monkey, Congratulations that sounds great. I ordered a Kala from MGM in the past, you should'nt have any problems.

hi Happy Monkey

and a warm welcome to the uu forums from Australia!!!

that one's a pretty popular model with many UUers. Congratulations on the purchase of your first uke. Wishing you many hours of joy with the Kala!

That should be very playable and you should have a lot of fun with it. MGM does great setups. Even the little Lanikai LU-11 I just got from him for my granddaughter is set up well. I htink it's definitely worth a few extra bucks to have somebody who knows what they're doing put the final touches on almost any "factory" instrument.

Enjoy!

John

I have the same one, except I got the one with the pickup and cutaway. I love it.
Here's a pic along with my ubass
Kalaspruceukes3.jpg

Aloha HM,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the ukulele....Congrats on your purchase of the Kala Ka-St.. Let us know how it turns out....Happy Strummings!! MM Stan

Congrats on your purchase. Post a review when it comes in.

Welcome to the UU and congrats on your new uke purchase. Getting it from MGM was a good move. No problems!

I have the Kala spalted maple spruce top tenor and spalted maple spruce top Bari and I love them both!! You will be totally satisfied and enjoy them for many years to come. Welcome aboard. Lozark

Good on ya! I have three Spruce tops...Soprano, Tenor and Bari, guess you could say I am a fan of that wood. You will love it I am sure, and great move buying up for the first one (obviously you were confident you would love it). My little Lacewood Soprano was set up by Mike and it is the best playing Uke I own as well-
Have fun

Top Bottom