Traffic Uke

Boozelele

Reaction score
I drive a VW bus, and I'm thinking about building a "holster" next to the drivers seat to hold a uke that I can pull out and play at traffic lights, road construction, etc. What I need is a really cheap uke, that will live in my bus. I'm thinking concert size... It also has to be playable though. Anyone got any suggestions for me?

I drive a VW bus, and I'm thinking about building a "holster" next to the drivers seat to hold a uke that I can pull out and play at traffic lights, road construction, etc. What I need is a really cheap uke, that will live in my bus. I'm thinking concert size... It also has to be playable though. Anyone got any suggestions for me?

Wood doesn't love heat. Neither does wood glue.

I'd go with a TV Pal. Gugug makes 'em sound pretty awesome...

Another option might be a Dixie banjolele-- all metal construction.

Either way, fifties ukes seem like a logical choice.

Then you should learn to play "Stickshifts and Safetybelts."

We dont have the cell phone ban yet. Washington just started it though...I think we are a ways off on the Ukulele-playing-while-driving ban. hopefully....

so wood is no good? even one of those painted Mahalos? or a Nato Lanikai? Or maybe a Rogue? or....????

That idea is all kinds of awesome. :D Hmm I dunno, how bad could the damage be if you just put in a cheap uke, wood or otherwise? A Lanikai should be fine, from my experience with the soprano they have very good playability.

go with one of gutings $30 rouges

Another option might be a Dixie banjolele-- all metal construction.

if it gets hot then he might not be able to pick it up, lol. I know its not cheap(or a concert), but how about a flea

You reminded me of my first ride home, with a ukulele. I had tried learning the Baritone ukulele for the previous 3 days, not realizing.... that you know... it's tuned completely different. I went to grab a soprano, and it rode shotgun all the way home. Every red light I hit...... *grabs ukulele and plays*

What I do now is just keep a burnt CD of all the songs I'm learning in the CD player. Now I get to enjoy the songs I like, and hear how they actually sound instead of how badly I play them :p

Top Bottom