My first ukes ready for stringing up

rickmorgan2003

Reaction score
Finish is hardening up, gonna let it "cure" for a week before buffing it out but I am happy with the way everything has turned out. Working on the saddle and nut and hope to string up tonight. Very nervous about how they will sound. The concert was a bit thin in the bracing I think, it had a little deflection just below the sound hole when pressed and had a tiny squeak associated with it but when the bridge was installed it stiffened it right up. The soprano feels so heavy and solid compared to the concert. The bol. rosewood is so much denser than the lacewood. I probably should have used spruce for the bracing in that one but went with rosewood. Will see once it's strung.
Thanks to everyone here who has tolerated all my questions.

Attachments

• pretuning both ukes front.jpg
    pretuning both ukes front.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 101
  • closeup heal.jpg
    closeup heal.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 73
  • soprano FB.jpg
    soprano FB.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 66
  • soprano HS.jpg
    soprano HS.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 62
  • both ukes back prestrung.jpg
    both ukes back prestrung.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 74
Aloha rickmorgan2003, wow they look awesome. Great job, should be very proud. Love the honu soundholes, they look incredible. Awaiting next post, thanks for sharing. Happy strumming holidays!

Those are beautiful. Hope you'll be posting sound.

Aloha Rick,
Nice Job man, I like the left one....jus wondering how it would look if the grain pattern was going the same way as the flippers...Very Nice though..how do they sound???hanks For shareing!!! MM Stan...

I love how you ended the fretboards. Very unique ukes, my favorite is the soprano. Great work !

Top Bottom