First Video Ever - Greensleeves / What Child is This on my new KoAloha concert

OldePhart

Reaction score
Okay, so it's not quite a "real video" - those will come after I find a place to record from. If I shot video in my home office where I usually play no one would pay any attention to the uke because they'd be fascinated by the stacks of...stuff...behind me, and probably begin placing bets on which stack would be the first to come crashing down on my head!

I was practicing a new version of this old folk tune / Christmas carol and on a lark I decided to switch on the Zoom recorder. This is decidedly rough - I'm basically relearning an old familiar song in a new key, a new time signature, a new "beat," and on a new instrument - you have been warned!

This is also the first video I've ever created / edited. It's pretty simple with just a still, the sound clip, and some subtitles but I was surprised how easy it is in Corel Video Studio.

BTW, you get bonus points if you can guess what my YouTube name is a play on... :) (You'll have to right click the video and select "watch on YouTube" I think.)

Aloha OldePhart, nice job. Thanks for sharing & happy holidays!

from one OldePhart to another, very nice playing mate.

I'm such a luddite I can barely negotiate my way around the UU site without tripping!!!

Really great work for a first video offering. Cheers for the post mate. Look forward to many more...

Cool. I did the same type of thing for my first test of Windows Movie Maker.
Since you don't have to sync video & audio, you could use Audacity to record the U-bass onto that.

Bill

Aloha Ol' Phart,
Sound sweet man, good first video...I like it...in Dm eh...reminds me of Gilligans Island theme first part...Dm,C Thanks for sharing...Happy Hoilidays!! MM Stan

Well done. Sounds very nice and "clean." I am still aiming for that kind of good sound.
Thanks for posting.

very nice Oldephart. Chords were clear and rhythm steady. FAIL. I don't think so. very nice first video. NOW do it live and really show off. Would love to see the stacks of whatever ready to wreck your rhythm. Thanks! Lozark

Thanks all. You're too kind - way too kind!

The "fail" part was mostly because I intended to smack it and let it ring at the end and my shirtsleeve or something muted it! It was late and I didn't feel like doing a second take.

I've got to keep it to pretty simple strumming when playing with the band - don't want to interfere with the vocalists. I'm thinking about maybe adding a little finger picking in for fun, though, and if I do I'll try to do a live video of that.

John

Top Bottom