FS: Kala KA-KTE-C - Koa Tenor Ukulele

skygoneblue

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Sadly, I've tried and tried, but I just don't think the uke is for me. So, rather than let this sit and collect dust, I've decided to put it in the hands of someone who will put it to good use.

Full history: I bought another uke of this exact model from MGM, and it ended up cracking along the underside of the body. I contacted Kala directly, and they sent me a replacement (this one) straight off the shelf. Since then, I've played it less than ten times total. So, this is basically a factory-fresh uke!

It comes with all the standard goodies as well: case, straps, mouth tuner, chord book, humidifier.

I paid over $350 for this uke with the case, and bought the humidifier separately afterwards. I'm asking $300 plus shipping to the continental US for everything.

Feel free to leave a message with questions, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• CIMG7918.jpg
    CIMG7918.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 245
  • CIMG7921.jpg
    CIMG7921.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 160
  • CIMG7919.jpg
    CIMG7919.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 212
  • CIMG7922.jpg
    CIMG7922.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 153
  • CIMG7920.jpg
    CIMG7920.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 170
Hmm, no interest in this whatsoever? Is the price too high? :confused:

There seem to be several on ebay for around $260. You might have to lower your price quite a bit.

Wow, those sure depreciated quickly... ;)

I'll take $250 plus shipping then!

allas I live in Germany and am prone to import fee's and high shipping ... I have a solid Kala Koa without the cut-out thingie, I would of loved to buy it but all in all the additionals make it quite expensive.
I do however love the instrument itself though, and want another one for low-g tuning ...

Can you tell me what kind of pickup it has? Have you played it plugged in?

Hey guys!

Sadly, I've tried and tried, but I just don't think the uke is for me. So, rather than let this sit and collect dust, I've decided to put it in the hands of someone who will put it to good use.

Full history: I bought another uke of this exact model from MGM, and it ended up cracking along the underside of the body.

I've got a similar uke, except the solid cedar top, and mine is cracking along the bottom too, just a hairline all along the maple binding down the middle. is this what yours did?

Currentlyl $259 for a B stock item with no case on Ebay. don't get too hasty. I'd buy it too if it were a concert. Those ones selling for $260 or $270 something on ebay are not cutaways, not the same model or price as the one you are selling. As I said, don't get too hasty.

New concerts selling for $298, I missed one on ebay that went for $199

Last edited:
I've got a similar uke, except the solid cedar top, and mine is cracking along the bottom too, just a hairline all along the maple binding down the middle. is this what yours did?

Yes, that's exactly what happened! I'm not sure why it happened... I kept the case humidified very well. Kala was good to deal with though - they were very up front and professional about the exchange!

Sorry Eduardo, I tried with that zip code, and the USPS site says it's an invalid zip. Who would you recommend I check with?

That's so odd I have a USPS station right across the street from me. Maybe with all the numbers? 00927-6307

I got it! Just estimating on size and weight, it came up $57-73. It will depend on the dimensions of the box, of course.

Man that shipping is a killer, I'll have to think about it. Thanks for checking it out for me.

Top Bottom