Which Soprano?

Pikachuplaystheukulele

Reaction score
I can choose the Makala Dolphin Bridge or the Ohana SK 10s.
I like the Makala Dolphin because of the color. and i like the Ohana because it has that classic look... Wish i could get both :p
Which one should i get?

My vote is get the Makala! I have a Kanile'a deluxe tenor and I play the dolphin more, because of convenience and portability and sheer fun! Play it for a couple months, then move up to something nicer in say a Mainland and keep the Makala as your travel uke.

I have an Ohana SK10S and I LOVES it, plays beautifully with aquila strings...not too sure about portability, but I prefer the Ohana!

I'm getting a Dolphin for Christmas, if you can wait that long then I can give you an in-depth review.

Dolphin is nice, not real loud (I have not played the Ohana). My favorite seven year old has one she brings back and forth to school every day. She shows in the science lab at lunch for lessons with "Uncle Dave (also the science teacher) and as she walks away after her 30 minutes of C G Am F, I can hear it bumping along. SHe bounces it off everything and yet, it stays in tune and shows no marks. I would love the darn thing if I did not have a Martin Soprano (1940's) and it was not pink. Great Uke for the price, and I do own the comparable Makala Soprano as well (it resides in my classroom for all takers)-it is OK, but the tone on the Dolphin I think is better, and surely the action is (gotta work on that when I get the time).

Top Bottom