Hey IL peeps, lets show the world we have the most uke players!!

ukeeku

Reaction score
What makes me giggle is that no one from Hawaii is on the list yet.
so I guess there are more uke players in Illinois that Hawaii, right?

cmon, I was speaking to the guy in our local music shop, he's selling ukes like hot cakes, so gotta be Cornwall, where are these places you mention, california, Illinios where are theyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/

Gett Orf with you, The guy at our local music shop recons he is selling more ukes than anything so I recon Cornwall is tpo of the list....

Where are these other places, Cali...where and Illinios, where the f,,, is that.

Cornwall is that a town? I looked it up on Wikipedia. What is a ceremonial county? That's not a real place then, right? It's sort of like the collar counties in Chicagoland.

I'm not sticking my pin in the map til I get a ukulele

Hey chap ,you had better be careful. this place goes back to the Druids of ancient times, now full of bards and people in long blue coats. the local Celtic speaking nutters who want to seperate the county from England and go it alone. But we have the best ( and only) Cornish pasties here.

now what/ where is illiwhatsit

cmon, I was speaking to the guy in our local music shop, he's selling ukes like hot cakes, so gotta be Cornwall, where are these places you mention, california, Illinios where are theyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/

Gett Orf with you, The guy at our local music shop recons he is selling more ukes than anything so I recon Cornwall is tpo of the list....

Where are these other places, Cali...where and Illinios, where the f,,, is that.

Proof o' the puddin's in the eatin' I'm in..

now what/ where is illiwhatsit

Illinois is the 5th largest state (population) in the United States at about 13 million people. It is the 25th largest state in area at about 58,000 square miles. Illinois is also the state in which the city of Chicago is located. Chicago is the 29th largest city in the world with a population of almost 7 million. Illinois is located sort of in the middle of the US (I say "sort of middle" for simplicity). That help?

Labeled IL on the map.
map_midwest.gif

Last edited:
By comparison, England is 50,346 sq mi and a population of 51,446,000 (pretty crowded). Illinois was named after an Amerindian tribe called the Illini (the French changed the name). Chicago is the third largest city in the US.

PS. We non-Amerindians did not kill or drive off the Illini. Other tribes did that. Apparently the Illini were very gentle people.

bigger than Cornwall.............. Never....

They used to recon that wherever in the world there was a hole in the ground, there was a cornish miner at the bottom.
First gas lights in the world in Redruth, Richard Trevithick ,pioneering steam locomotive engineer, and the list goes on.

And the pasties are the best in the world.

Wooh, Go Illinois!!!

Checkin' in from the Shawnee Forest in southern Illinois, home of the Tomato Fertility Cult.

put my name in a couple of days ago but it's not on the list yet.

There is an area around southern Illinois known as little Egypt, it includes Cairo, IL. Memphis, TN is in that area too. Cities along the "Great River."

Just something to think about. Cornwall has this:
cornish_hens.jpg

Chicago, Illinois has this:
chicago_pizza.jpg

and this:
vdog.jpg

C,mon , that isnt " proper" grub, its fancy junk food. Proper "Cornish " pasties( can only be made in the pasty mines of Cornwall) though I believe that some emmigrant miners took pasties all over the world, even to our colonies in the West where they seem to be available in some place called San Fransisco... Is that near you?
Now the Cornish Pasty was a meal, beef , potatoes and turnip , well seasoned and sealed in a pastry case to keep the mine dirt out and taken down the mines by the miners.
good solid no nonsense food. probably weighs twice as much as a Uke and almost as big.

There is an area around southern Illinois known as little Egypt, it includes Cairo, IL. Memphis, TN is in that area too. Cities along the "Great River."

Just something to think about.

Not "little Egypt" , just "Egypt". Goes back to the mid-19th century when crops failed in the northern part of the state from drought. People in the north took their wagons south to get food, similar to the biblical story. Little Egypt was a bellydancer.

Top Bottom