Calling Uncle Rod Higuchi

heymak

Reaction score
Uncle Ron, I've been trying to get your ukulele boot camp, but the link on your sig sends me to the songbook. I crashed my computer and lost boot camp. Sorry for making a thread for this but I tried to PM you and your mailbox is full. I would appreciate a link to boot camp. My practice is suffering.

Thanks

Mike K.

By the way we share a birthday.

Thanks Ronnie.

Hey, it's always great to meet another June 7th-er.

Keep uke'in',

Rod..........I tried to PM you, but it said your mailbox was full?? Hope you had a nice stay in Honolulu. Drop me a PM when you get a chance. I'll probably call you prior to Christmas..............Howie

Practicing with Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp. Any source for which fingers to use for which strings? For C diminished I bar the second fret with finger 1, use finger 2 on string 2 and finger 3 on string 4. Don't get clear notes, though. Should I be using fingers 2 3 1 4 on frets 2 3 2 3?

Practicing with Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp. Any source for which fingers to use for which strings? For C diminished I bar the second fret with finger 1, use finger 2 on string 2 and finger 3 on string 4. Don't get clear notes, though. Should I be using fingers 2 3 1 4 on frets 2 3 2 3?

I started differently, but discovered that using finger 1 on the whole 2nd fret is better. I guess this is a matter of personal preference. :)

I am glad to report that I have completed the practice sheet #1 and #2 for key of C and F accordingly. It has become a routine for my daughter and I to go through the practice sheet every morning and evening. I intend to make it a habit to warm up with the practice sheet as I would also be able to review the common cords associated with the base key.

Thank you, Uncle Rod Higuchi!

this is the first time that ive come across this and thanks in advance rod :)
refering to the cdim querie, the way that i have just looked at it seems to be easiest for me to kinda do the "G" formation over the bottom 3 strings and then use the little finger to tuck in behind for the top string?
is that how others play it?
daz

refering to the cdim querie, the way that i have just looked at it seems to be easiest for me to kinda do the "G" formation over the bottom 3 strings and then use the little finger to tuck in behind for the top string?
is that how others play it?
daz

Hi daz. When I first started, I used the method you illustrated above for Cdim. However, when I needed to increase the speed, I realized it was limiting my movement and I had to slow down slightly which is affecting my tempo. After changing the style to using index finger across fret 2, my playing became better and the tempo is very constant and consistent. However, it all comes down to personal preference. My daughter still prefers the "G" formation with the pinky for string 1.

I guess as long as you are comfortable with your style it is acceptable. :p

Top Bottom