Winter NAMM 2011

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Again,I will be at NAMM in Anaheim next month. I will, of course, be at the Ohana booth in Hall E.

Anyone else going to be there?

I haven't checked, but have Lanikai put their booth in Hall E this year? In any case, let's eat somewhere again. Maybe record a few videos? See you there Matt.

I actually don't know.

I would love to eat and do some videos though. Maybe another Bubba Gump dinner?

I would like to attend again this year, but I am not a member of NAMM yet (it is a bit expensive for my small business at this point), and I would have to have a member put me on their list. I wish they had a way of supporting small start-up entrepreneurs by letting them in for free on one of the days. If I have to meet with anyone, I could try and meet them at a restaurant nearby, but that will be an inconvenience for most exhibitors, who may not feel they have the time to leave the showroom. I see the show as a good meeting ground, a great place to see stuff, but horrible environment for listening to musical instruments.
–Lori

but horrible environment for listening to musical instruments.
–Lori

Probably not a whole lot worse than Guitar Center or Sam Ash Music ;) It is amazing how few places you can go to really evaluate an instrument now days.

I AM THERE! Soooo excited! Me and Sally and Tim from Ukeeku.com. I really want to meet you! I went to Summer NAMM and had the time of my life! So I am overwhelmingly excited about being at this one! Mainland Mike... we gotta get together! I wonder if Uke Republic Mike will be there? Do you know?

Probably not a whole lot worse than Guitar Center or Sam Ash Music ;) It is amazing how few places you can go to really evaluate an instrument now days.
That is so true. When I was shopping for my second uke in a music store, there was a lot of competition from the drum lesson going on in the next room.
NAMM is like putting 10 Guitar Centers under one roof on a Saturday afternoon + extra crowds of wandering people and media. It is almost as bad as Comic-Con.

–Lori

That is so true. When I was shopping for my second uke in a music store, there was a lot of competition from the drum lesson going on in the next room.
NAMM is like putting 10 Guitar Centers under one roof on a Saturday afternoon + extra crowds of wandering people and media. It is almost as bad as Comic-Con.

–Lori

I would argue it's much bigger than 10 guitar centers actually.

It is a simply MASSIVE event.

I would argue it's much bigger than 10 guitar centers actually.

It is a simply MASSIVE event.
I agree, but once you have 10 Guitar Centers around you, it doesn't really matter that there are more beyond that. Last year the Riptide booth had a little try-out room, for people to test out their instruments. It was better than being outside the booth, but it was nowhere near soundproof. How do the retailers possibly make good decisions on sound quality in the middle of a circus like that?
–Lori

I agree, but once you have 10 Guitar Centers around you, it doesn't really matter that there are more beyond that. Last year the Riptide booth had a little try-out room, for people to test out their instruments. It was better than being outside the booth, but it was nowhere near soundproof. How do the retailers possibly make good decisions on sound quality in the middle of a circus like that?
–Lori

Everyone warned me how massive it was! And that was JUST the Summer NAMM. I went in, forgot to eat lunch, ended up getting the worse migrane of my life! That place is complete sensory OVERLOAD. But in a fabulous can't get enough of it way! The headache was so bad I missed the show I was going to see that night. So now in my backpack I am gonna have a whole bunch of BC Headache powders and anything else I can think of. So if anyone needs headache help... see me! I'll hook ya up!

Top Bottom