Koaloha Soprano new bridge?

fabioponta

Reaction score
Hi,
I was looking at the soprano ukuleles koaloha (standart KSM-00 and pinneaple KSM-01) in MGM's website and noticed they now have a different bridge, wider and with the inscription carved into the wood: KOALOHA.
Are the Koaloha factory officially changing the bridge models in their soprano ukuleles? The concert will also change the model? (The only one that is on sale at the MGM has the traditional model).
I tried pictures or information on site koaloha: I don't found nothing...
Is that like the crown bridge removed of the tenor and superconcert size models, the soprano ukes are also changing?
These soprano ukes are in need of stronger bridges?
I have a koaloha superconcert and recently bought a soprano ukulele standard KSM-00, even with the traditional model of the bridge (2010). I am very happy with it because the soprano bridge reminds me of a classic uke. I think it blends more with the model soprano.
The new bridge is beautiful, but is it necessary to print a logo more than the headstock?

The new bridge is beautiful, but is it necessary to print a logo more than the headstock?

IMO, the bridge logo is tacky looking. Not a deal killer, but unnecessary and it takes away from the understated elegance of those instruments.

Since we're talking KoAloha, any opinions on the soprano with the tenor neck?

There was a thread a few weeks back on this exact topic with a pic of the new bridge. There opinions on both side. I didn't like the inscription and the look of the new bridge. Everyone in the know knows a Koaloha from a mile away between the sound hole and headstock logo. I wonder if they initially tried to make the logo illuminated in the bridge with a battery power pack ;)

I'm a big fan of understatement and a big fan of KoAloha.

I probably should by a soprano while some old ones are still around Sans new bridge

I thought the tuning knobs logo's were a little over the top already....but that's me...what's my opinion worth anyways...

I thought the tuning knobs logo's were a little over the top already....but that's me...what's my opinion worth anyways...

About $3.50:)

MGM has a few with the new bridge. It's not nearly as noticeable as I thought it would be.

MGM has a few with the new bridge. It's not nearly as noticeable as I thought it would be.

I agree Haole. It looks nicer than I thought. I still think they could do without it though. All they need is the soundhole and headstock shape and BOOM - it's a KoAloha. The logo on the pegs doesn't bother me though. That's pretty subtle being on the back of the uke.

Top Bottom