Ukulele Orchestra cancel 3/14 show with Jake in SoCal

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I posted an update in the original thread, but in case nobody sees it (and they have bought tickets), FYI...

I saw on Facebook that the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain will now not be appearing with Jake at this show, despite what was advertised when I bought my tickets. I called the center and told them that while I love Jake, I had only bought tickets because I wanted to see UOGB (as they never come out here). I asked for a refund and they issued it to me. They were very cool about the whole process, and said the funding had fallen through on getting UOGB out here.

So if you bought tickets predominantly to see Jake, I'm sure you will have a great time. But if, like me, you did it because you wanted to see UOGB, you should call and get a refund.

The link to the newly updated show is here (along with contact information to call for your refund).
http://www.ocpac.org/ticketing/tickets/reserve.aspx?performanceNumber=7591

Sorry everyone, I'm really bummed...I really wanted to see them do "Shaft" live. :(

What a damned shame! UOGB just played here in NZ and they were great. WE chatted to them afterward and they didn't mention California. Theye were heading off in all directions and only mentioned they had to be back in Britain by mid-December and were worried the weather might mess up their travel plans.

...oh...March 2011....my inside oil of their travel plans is completely irrelevant.

Thanks for the alert! That's too bad, because that sounded like a great show. I have to reconsider, since I did get to see Jake last year, and he was great, but a Orange County drive on a Thursday night is quiet a traffic nightmare.

–Lori

Dang! I was so pumped, I have tickets for my birthday, on my birthday, and as I usually lie low on that day because bad stuff seems to happen, I'm going to take it PERSONALLY, dammit! and :p

I have not yet seen Jake, so I may still go, but I was really excited about seeing both UOGB and Jake on the same night.

I'm going to have to cancel. We were going to fly down for the show but I think Jake will play in the bay area eventually so it was UOGB that was the real draw. Thanks for letting us know (before I bought the plane tix!)

Dang! I was so pumped, I have tickets for my birthday, on my birthday, and as I usually lie low on that day because bad stuff seems to happen, I'm going to take it PERSONALLY, dammit! and :p

Yep. Teek's fault.

I'm going to have to cancel. We were going to fly down for the show but I think Jake will play in the bay area eventually so it was UOGB that was the real draw. Thanks for letting us know (before I bought the plane tix!)

I'm going to have to cancel also. I've seen Jake and would love to see him again, but I was traveling from the Bay Area for the opportunity to see UOGB. Jake will be performing in San Francisco just two days later, on March 26.

http://www.sfjazz.org/concerts/2011/spring/artists/shimabukuro.php

Thanks so much, wickedwahini, for letting everyone know!

I'm going to have to cancel also. I've seen Jake and would love to see him again, but I was traveling from the Bay Area for the opportunity to see UOGB. Jake will be performing in San Francisco just two days later, on March 26.

http://www.sfjazz.org/concerts/2011/spring/artists/shimabukuro.php

Cool! I didn't realize he was playing here so soon but I figured that he would play here eventually. It was UOGB that I was going to travel for. Once I get the refund taken care of from Orange County I'll try to get tickets for the 26th. Thanks!

A while back I signed up for the UOGB mailing list. Today I got an email that included this little note. Not sure it will help anyone trying to get a refund, but maybe...

"Thursday 24th
Orange County Performing Arts Centre, CA, USA
We are sorry that the funding for this concert fell through. We’d still love to be able to perform with Jake Shimabukuru one day. We understand that he’ll be doing this date as a solo concert. For further information please contact Jonathan Marriott, The Philharmonic Society, Patron Services Manager on 001 949-553-2422."

Top Bottom