Interesting Martin on Ebay - Tiny Tim Fame

provines

Reaction score
This isn't mine but it is worth reading if you're interested in uke history. Ebay item #270674069715 claims to be a Martin uke Tiny Tim tossed out in the audience.

I know he was a real musician and all but I can't get past the "Ewww" factor. Fingerprints? Might be his? Like there might be DNA on it? Just Ewww. I think it is really just a remaining formed in early childhood prejudice but I've not grown past it. I'm bad.:(

Gruhn's Guitars had 3 of Tiny Tim's uke's for sale a few days ago. Supposedly, the one he was playing when he collapsed on stage during "Tiptoe Through the Tulips". They wanted $2500 for all three of them. THey had autographs on them as well.

They don't seem to be there anymore, I guess someone got over the ick factor and purcahsed them.

Did a cached search and found this from the Gruhn website:

UK1130 Martin Style 0 owned by Tiny Tim and two other autographed ukes (More photos...) , c1930, Tim was holding this Martin when he suffered a fatal heart attack onstage after performing "Tip-toe Through the Tulips," HC, comes with Regal tenor uke signed by Tiny Tim and Leon Redbone and Harmony baritone uke signed by Tim, with scrapbook and letter from friend and former neighbor Jack Norton......$2500

UK1130b.jpg

UK1130.jpg

Top Bottom