New Kelii

Uncle Leroy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just ordered a Kelii Solid Koa/Mahogany Tenor from Mike. I was wondering what any other Kelii owners out there have to say? Hook a brother up with some comments. Thanks
U.L.:drool:

I don't have one but...I love the look of them and from all of the sound clips out there, the ukes sound pretty sweet. Plus the reviews have all been very good!

I had an all koa Kelii tenor a while ago. I thought it was very good. But it had to compete for playing time with some pretty nice ukuleles, so I ended up selling it since it did not get played much. I thought it was a great bang for the buck. Here's a review I wrote about mine, and here's a video comparing it with a few other tenors.

Congrats and enjoy your new Kelii!

Aloha Uncle Leroy,
Just wanted to say congrats on the New Keli'i ukulele...Have Fun And Enjoy!!! Happy Struummings!! MM Stan..

I have an all koa tenor. I have had it for a few months. It continues to sound better and better. Or maybe it's just my playing. I am a rookie. Anyways, I love mine.

I have an all koa tenor. I have had it for a few months. It continues to sound better and better. Or maybe it's just my playing. I am a rookie. Anyways, I love mine.

Matt, your keli'i was the first one I had ever played. All I can say is that I was very impressed with it. THen UkeRepublic Mike started carrying them and I got to play a solid koa one and a mahog/koa one. I really like the mahog/koa combo. My favorite uke that isn't a KoAloha was a mele mahog/koa. It was my first "Nice" ukulele.

I enjoy playing my Kelii tenor. The koa wood is really beautiful... lots of nice curls. The neck is a bit thicker than your average tenor's neck, but I actually like it... feels solid. The body is a bit thinner, but it does not compromise the sound (It's still quite bright). I also like this because it does not seem as bulky. I got it with geared gold tuners that gives it an extra zing of class. It is one of my go-to ukes. I've gone through many different strings with it (Aquillas, Worth Browns, D'Addario T2, etc) and prefer the sound with Worth Clears (my personal preference). I think you will enjoy yours for many, many years. Best of luck!

I just got the click-n-ship notification from Tony at MGM....the uke is on it's way. Now the waiting.....

Top Bottom