UU allstars compilation benefit CD

Just a thought. Anyone down with the idea of a UU benefit CD? We could get some of the artists on UU to "donate" a track each to make a UU allstars compilation album. Sales of which would go toward running the UU site and such.

I think this is a great idea. It could probably also help give some motivation to some UU'ers to come up with some original things or a variety of covers.

I wonder if its due to lack of interest or to the possibility that not many people have seen this thread and commented on a way to increase the UU squad's budget for this free forum.

You can't sell a CD with cover tracks. It have to be tracks without copyright (very old songs or songs you wrote yourself), or the whole thing is illegal (unless you got all rights to publish a new version of a song).
At this point I am out already.

And even so far it would just be legal concerning the music industry, no idea about other legal things.

Need a catchy title?

I think its cause not many people have viewed this thread. I should've come up with an eye catching title. Maybe something with "free" and maybe "naked" in it. Like "Free Naked Ukulele Downloads!!!!" or something like that. cMejilla, you got any ideas?

Originals

I was thinking more along the lines of people who have original songs (and own the rights to said original songs) that could license said songs for use in a UU fund raising CD. I got this idea because I am playing in a concert at the Ford Amphitheatre put on by the non-profit group Kollaboration. As a fund raiser the artists playing at the concert were asked to donate a track (of an original song) for a compilation album that would be sold at the event. Of course all the artists submitting tracks for the hypothetical UU CD would have to sign licensing forms but that is a mere formality (mainly to cover all the rear-ends involved) since the musicians would all be on board with the project. Then, the production costs would be just pressing the CDs. I think (though just assuming) that there are a bunch of UUers out there who have professionally recorded CDs and demos out there, so I just thought we could tap that resource and fund raise for UU, and also get publicity for UUers who are professional musicians. Of course, people still have to view the thread :p

I think it's a great idea! I'd definitely buy one!!!

I think its cause not many people have viewed this thread. I should've come up with an eye catching title. Maybe something with "free" and maybe "naked" in it. Like "Free Naked Ukulele Downloads!!!!" or something like that. cMejilla, you got any ideas?

If you really want to draw a crowd just put in the title "Free Naked Pictures of Deach" That will draw a crowd!:D:D

If you really want to draw a crowd just put in the title "Free Naked Pictures of Deach" That will draw a crowd!:D:D

what a coincidence. i just found this thread when i did a search on "naked deach strumming pattern". weird.

but anyhoo, like SailQwest i would totally buy this album. wish i could contribute but can't write worth a crap. hope to see this project come to fruition though.:)

I was thinking more along the lines of people who have original songs (and own the rights to said original songs) that could license said songs for use in a UU fund raising CD.

This is what I meant with "At this point I am out already."
Good luck!

Funny, just yesterday I was thinking it would be cool if UUers put together a CD. I'd buy it.

We actually do have a record label (Town Hero Records) that we could do that, the only problem would be getting consistent high quality recordings from all involved.

Top Bottom