FS: Kala Mahogany Thinline Travel Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oolee

Reaction score
$120 & Free Shipping to anywhere within reason.
READ ON:
Love this uke. Super convenient and insane projection and sustain. There are great review vids of this thing all over youtube.
I'm selling for a variety of reasons.
1. I never, ever played it. I always ended up with my Keli'i, even in sketchy weather. This poor Kala more or less went untouched.
2. I've been playing a lot of celtic folk and I'm going to pick up an Anuenue banjolele.
3. My winter gigging schedule isn't as vigorous, so I don't need a travel uke. The Koa Keli'i will make it!
SPECS: Tenor scale, solid spruce top, rosewood fretboard, set up by MGM in Hawaii!
Anyway, this uke is mint. The case is also. The whole thing is exactly as it was bought from MGM.
There are some very minute "impressions" along the grain on the back side of the uke, but they're only visible upon very close inspection. I talked to a uke-fanatic friend of mine (actually, the dude who introduced me to ukulele) and he showed me the same thing on his travel Kala. They're super-tiny indents where the grain of the wood is. Affects playability not at all.
Lovely uke, blows away the first starter uke I had (a Lanikai 21-T). This travel tenor is the mahogany version, not the lacewood, it has a solid spruce top and Aquila strings. I'll loosen the strings before shipping to insure their safety.
I'll ship immediately, and I'm thinking shipping will be paid for by me -- a holiday gift, if you don't live in Australia. If you're from the outback, we'll split it, probably.
Made the fatal mistake of playing the uke right after I snapped the pics. Selling is much, much harder now. This thing has such a bright, awesome sound. It didn't deserve the utter lack of attention I gave it.
P1000420.jpgP1000417.JPGP1000411.jpgP1000415.jpgP1000413.jpg

I have a few more pics, but they don't give you much more than these. PM me if you need to see them.

Last edited:
Ugh. This is so unbelievably tempting. (How do I justify the $$ on myself with the holidays right around the corner)

I just had the opportunity to hold one a few nights ago, and started looking into them as soon as I got home.

Perhaps I will just HAPPEN to leave this listing open on the laptop, sitting on the coffee table, in the living room, directly in front of the girlfriend, when she gets home this evening...

Keep it, you love it, believe me it was a great investment.

ah man, it's just $150 just sitting around not being played. I'm too Keli'i dependent.
Moving it is the thing to do.

Ugh. This is so unbelievably tempting. (How do I justify the $$ on myself with the holidays right around the corner)

I just had the opportunity to hold one a few nights ago, and started looking into them as soon as I got home.

Perhaps I will just HAPPEN to leave this listing open on the laptop, sitting on the coffee table, in the living room, directly in front of the girlfriend, when she gets home this evening...

Always a good approach!

I don't need any more ukes. really, but I'm still getting one of these one day. There are at least 4 of them floating around the Southeast Ukers, and they are great ukes.

Absolutely. It's a cool uke and a pretty, plunky sound. I just never, ever end up playing it and it's bothering me that it just sits there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom