From Mrs. Pippin: News About Pippin

Pippin

Reaction score
Hi everyone. It's "Pippin's wife. I promised Mickey (aka "Pippin") that I'd let you all know that he didn't fall off the edge of the world but indeed is absent from his computer because he's in the hospital.

It's been a long week, but to summarize: Mickey was admitted on Friday, Dec. 3 for rectal bleeding. He had a colonoscopy on Monday. A tumor was found. Tests ensued… and he had surgery yesterday to remove a part of his colon where the nasty tumor resided. He is in recovery now. We had good news from the results of the CAT scan, X-rays, and bone scan. All were clear. (Praise God!) They took some lymph nodes from around the area where the tumor was and will be testing them. So that's our next hurdle. If you're the praying sort (I'm Catholic and yes, am busy praying my novenas..) please keep Mickey in prayer. It has, as you might imagine, been a trying time for both of us. Yesterday was our ninth wedding anniversary and I simply gave thanks to God that we were together and that the surgery went well. :)

On a lighter note, Mickey insisted that I bring one of his ukuleles to the hospital on Tuesday and intended on giving one to a nurse who tried to play guitar years ago but her fingers couldn't get around the neck. I'm thinking, "Hon, when on earth are you going to strum your uke? Somewhere in between the blood pressure check and temperature-taking?" He makes me laugh in so many ways but this one really cracked me up. And it showed how the uke is always on his mind. :)

He wanted me to let you all know that he fully intends on getting another issue of Ukulele Player Magazine out this month. He'll be on short-term disability for a few weeks, probably until the first week of January. He still will be drawing for a uke giveaway, also. You may see me (Mary Rose) a few more times as I respond to folks and act as Mickey's "Gal Friday." He loves this community more than you can imagine and misses it terribly. Meanwhile, let's hope for a quick recovery, a clean slate health-wise, and many more ukulele and guitar posts from our Pippin.

Thanks so much and if you'd like to write to me personally, feel free: maryrose@scrapshotmagazine.com

Prayers sent up for a full recovery, soon.. Keep us posted..

Good vibes and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Ramon.

Dear Mrs. Pippin --

Thanks for letting us know. I wish him a speedy recovery. Tell him to take care, rest up and get the issue out when it's best or him, not for us.

Sukie

Sending prayers and good wishes to you both.. I too will be watching for updates... Thanks for checking in with us!

Pippin is a pip - one of the good ones! Prayers for speedy recovery and great health

Hi Mary Rose

I am a Christian too and therefore partial to a bit of prayer! Very much appreciate you letting us know about Mickey's health problems. He is a much loved and respected member here.

Really pleased for you both that the operation went so well yesterday, and that tests are clear so far.

We will be upholding you both in prayer.

God Bless, Jon.

I will keep you both in my thoughts.

Thank you for the post. I have a friend that went through the exact same procedure six years ago and is cancer free and doing quite well. My wife had breast cancer last year and a double mastectomy and is cancer free and doing well. My point is believe and rely on your faith as he will come out of this just fine. His attitude and spirit is 90% of the battle. Sounds as though he has an abundance of that!!! Keep us posted. And you are in our prayers. Lozark

It is good to hear that Mickey is doing well and is active!

Best wishes to both of you.

Wow what a ride life just took you two on. Thank you for letting us know. You both have wit and charm I see. You are both in my prayers. I am glad to hear of such a good outcome from what must have been a frightening week.

God bless,
Roxhum

Colon cancer is something that runs in my family, so I am well aware of the affects it can have on everyone involved. I will be praying for the both of you.

As far as the ukulele in the hospital goes, I think that history has shown us that a positve outlook is tantamount in the recovery from any kind of illness. And what better to keep everyone's Aloha spirit up than playing a sweet souinding uke! Hang in there Mickey.

Good thoughts and well wishes sent to your family. Take care.

Thanks for the update. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Keeping both of you in my thoughts.

Top Bottom