Trade - Kiwaya KS-1 (soprano) <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul December

Reaction score
This Kiwaya is everything you hear about the brand: perfect intonation, projects, precise.
Excellent condition
Sale Price $179 shipped
I'm interested in trading for a newer (Mexican made) Martin S-0 ...
... I'd toss-in a few $'s to even-out-the-deal.
pauldecember@gmail.com

DSC03510.jpg

DSC03509.jpg

Last edited:
Nice uke Paul....what's the deal??? or why are you trying to trade for an SO?

Last edited:
Nice uke Paul....what's deal??? or why are you trying to trade for an SO?

Not sure why I'm not playing it, somehow just not connecting with it.
I'd get a vintage S-0 but have played too many crappy ones to take a chance on buying one over the net.
I figured the new S-0's can't be as bad as everyone makes them out to be :D
OTOH you might see the Martin for sale in a month-or-two also :eek:

Hey Paul, have you tried Worth clears on it? That's how mine is strung and it is really sweet and adds sustain to it. I don't know if you'd be happier with the S-O. Granted, I keep my KS 1 as an always available to grab uke, but I love the action and feel of the Kiwaya. Have you played the S-O?

Hey Paul, have you tried Worth clears on it? That's how mine is strung and it is really sweet and adds sustain to it. I don't know if you'd be happier with the S-O. Granted, I keep my KS 1 as an always available to grab uke, but I love the action and feel of the Kiwaya. Have you played the S-O?
That's good to know. I was just thinking I might like to trade my KS-1 for one of those Mainland Honeybees or a soprano or concert Eleuke. This string information gives me something additional to ponder.

Hi Paul. I might second the switch to different strings. I adore my Kiwaya. It's not a Martin (I have a 48 SO that really plays well) but it is certainly better than the Mexican Martin I played. Can you try the newer Martin somewhere before deciding?

UPDATE: Paul, I have to ammend the above. If you are talking about the modern Martin SO, that's the one I've played and did not like. If you are wanting the newer MARTIN OXK in trade, I've never played one but I'm really curious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom