[VID]Cover - Van Morrison "Brown Eyed Girl"

Rod

Reaction score
Took a stab at another one of my all time favorite songs, Brown Eyed Girl. It was really fun to learn and play. Chords and strum pattern that are used are at end of video.

Hope you enjoy it.

***EDIT - Video was removed by YouTube. Here is the new link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzKBVHGbZuI

Code:
Verse 1: 
[F] Hey, where did [Bb] we go? [F] days when the [C7] rains came 
[F] Down in the [Bb] hollow [F] playin' a [C7] new game
[F] Laughing and a - [Bb] running, hey hey, 
[F] Skipping and a - [C7] jumping 
[F] In the misty [Bb] morning fog with 
[F] Our [C7] hearts a - thumping and [Bb] you 
[C7] My brown-eyed [F] girl [Dm] 
[Bb] You, my [C7] brown-eyed girl [F] [C7] 

Verse 2: 
[F] Whatever [Bb] happened [F] to Tuesday and [C7] so slow 
[F] Going down the [Bb] old mine with a [F] transistor [C7] radio 
[F] Standing in the [Bb] sunlight laughing 
[F] Hiding behind a [C7] rainbow's wall 
[F] Slipping and a - [Bb] sliding 
[F] All along the [C7] waterfall with [Bb] you 
[Bb] You, my [C7] brown-eyed girl [F] 

Chorus: 
[C7] Do you remember when we used to [F] sing: 
Sha la la [Bb] la la la la [F] la la la la te [C7] da 
[F] Sha la la [Bb] la la la la [F] la la la la te [C7] da 
La te [F] da [C7] 

Verse 2: 
[F] So hard to [Bb] find my way, [F] now that I'm all [C7] on my own 
[F] I saw you just the [Bb] other day, [F] my, how [C7] you have grown 
[F] Cast my memory [Bb] back there, lord 
[F] Sometimes I'm [C7] overcome thinking 'bout 
[F] Making love in the [Bb] green grass 
[F] Behind the [C7] stadium with [Bb] you 
[Bb] You, my [C7] brown-eyed girl [F] 

Chorus:
[C7] Do you remember when we used to [F] sing: 
Sha la la [Bb] la la la la [F] la la la la te [C7] da 
La te [F] da [C7] 

Ending: 
(fade)

Last edited:
you're giving those that believe we can't sing hope of overcoming our greatest challenge. Thanks again bro! And I am still not able to get your strum down.

Geev 'um, braddah! Us guys jam to dat one and is one good sing along for everybody.

Ohhh brother, received this notification over the weekend.....

Dear Member:
This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by VAN MORRISON / EXILE PRODUCTIONS / EXILE PUBLISHING claiming that this material is infringing:

Ukulele Cover - Van Morrison "Brown Eyed Girl": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQQHOeGbwXw

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to prevent this from happening, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, please go to our Help Center to access the instructions.

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.

Sincerely,
YouTube, Inc.

Cool! Thanks Rod. Still think it's crazy. Am glad I got the chance to see your video though, and your tutorial at the end was great!

Did you take it down or delete it?

Did you take it down or delete it?

Neither, looks like they deleted and removed it. Now when you try to click on the youtube link for the song it say's "Rejected (copyright infringement)".

Neither, looks like they deleted and removed it. Now when you try to click on the youtube link for the song it say's "Rejected (copyright infringement)".

Whoa! That's crazy. At least with the Prince debacle, YT allowed you to mute the audio or pick a different song to cover it up.

Rod, that sucks about the video!! That really helped me learn this song. The timing was a bit tricky for me at first but once I got it down, it becomes very natural.

Question though, you play some chords higher up between verses – what is that?

Also, I’d love to learn the riff between the verses. Any advice?

Rod, that sucks about the video!! That really helped me learn this song. The timing was a bit tricky for me at first but once I got it down, it becomes very natural.

Question though, you play some chords higher up between verses – what is that?

Also, I’d love to learn the riff between the verses. Any advice?

The video is back up, after I got permission. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzKBVHGbZuI

Hard for me to explain the chords and the riff. I will make a video on how to do it when I get home from work and post tonight!

Rod thanks so much!! That was awesome! :D I like the pause you did at "do you remember when ... we used to sing." I normally play another strum through that.

On the chord, I was actually referring to the one where you moved up several frets. I normally stay in first three frets I think across the whole song. What chord is that?

Rod thanks so much!! That was awesome! :D I like the pause you did at "do you remember when ... we used to sing." I normally play another strum through that.

On the chord, I was actually referring to the one where you moved up several frets. I normally stay in first three frets I think across the whole song. What chord is that?

My pleasure, I hope it helps!

Ohh about the chord you are referring to, I dont know the name of it, but all it is, is a Bb slid up two frets. Same fingering as Bb just slid up 2, strum down twice on that, brief pause then info F then Dm. So I think, that could would be: 5 4 3 3.

Good Luck!

Top Bottom