Group purchases offer...

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
It's undisputeable that my hand made instruments are expensive. This is because most of the cost of a uke is built up in materials and the costs associated with setting up tools and machines that speed up and align processes. There is very little profit in building the popular soprano so to defray these costs I try to get a group of sopranos together before I build them.
Thinking this through I have come up with a plan if you want to acquire a luthier built instrument that may help you if you have a club.

A standard koa soprano from me is £495/$950. If I get a group order for 6 I can reduce this cost to £425/$750 and orders over 10 I can sell for £375/$700 each. If you run a club and members wish to upgrade to a luthier built instrument this might be a good way to get one... and don't worry if you only have one or two members who want sopranos. I will run this add, guage interest and then if it has legs am prepared to aggregate the numbers making it possible to get a Howlett for £375/$700.

The same principle applies to anyone who wants to buy under a group purchase scheme - as long as I am dealing with one person who is orepared to co-ordinate the buyers' list then I can offer the discount and will deal with the deposits and liason when the list is passed on to me.

If you are at all interested then please get in touch with me through the pm facility here or at: pete@petehowlettukulele.co.uk

PS: Shipping costs to the US are now $60 - best I can do. For the UK it's £12.50 and for Europe its €30

Thanks Pete,

What a fantastic offer.

I hope lots of us will be able to take advantage of your generosity!

Keep uke'in',

If any one is interested in this let me know. I have been in touch with Pete and I am trying to get a group of ten people together to get the best price. We have a potential three including myself at the moment.

Top Bottom