Fighting the Urge...Payoff Time!

KevinFL

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I spent the better part of this year (since April) scrimping, saving, paying off debt, and avoiding UAS. I lived like a pauper and it's been worth it. All but the mortgage and school loan are now paid off, and they will soon follow the way of the others. Having done that, there is more discretionary income since I don't have 7 creditors to divide it between.

So, the payoff...

I placed an order with Aaron for a Bean Sprout tenor banjo 'uke. I'm really excited to be getting this and look forward to its arrival.

Next year will be the second half of the payoff when my name finally reaches the top of the Moore Bettah waiting list.

Just like Old Milwaukee...it doesn't get any better than this. :)

Congratulations! Not only on the new uke order but also being debt free! I managed to dig myself out of debt about a year ago...all that money that went towards credit cards now go towards ukes (unfortunately...I really need to start saving!!!!).

Awesome Kevin. Really happy for you mate, and your thrift is a lesson to all of us compulsive uke buyers. Just wanted to throw in my congrats on your choice of the beansprout banjo ukes. I have a concert scale one and it not only sounds unbelievable, it is absolutely gorgeous too. And as for the Moore Bettah, now that's something to look forward to. Cheers mate!

Aloha KevinV,
Congrats for digging your self out of a hole and resisting UAS...well maybe temporary...Since you have some unbelievabale ones coming in the future..Let us know how they turn out....
Take Care and see ya around the forums....Happy Strummings and Holidays!! MM Stan

Congratulations! Not only on the new uke order but also being debt free! I managed to dig myself out of debt about a year ago...all that money that went towards credit cards now go towards ukes (unfortunately...I really need to start saving!!!!).

Ditto. Three years ago - no more credit card debt. Ukes have definitely cut into my savings though. So cool that you're getting a Beansprout and a Moore Bettah. You could hardly pick nicer instruments.

Last edited:
Top Bottom