FS/FT KoAloha Concert Sceptre with Crown Bridge

dkcrown

UU+
Reaction score
OK gang. I posted a couple of weeks ago that I needed to sell off some ukes to raise funds for the holidays. Well I sold one and ended up trading my Ana'ole tenor to haolejon for his Kamaka tenor. So now its time to get serious about raising some cash.

After going through all of my ukes, I am selling my KoAloha concert sceptre, d'Artangon, along with some others. I have really settled on playing tenor scales, so all but one of my concerts will go.

I bought this uke back in the spring directly from KoAloha. It is a second. It has a very,very small ding on one of the points on the bottom side of the uke, which I have photographed. The Koa grain on this uke is stunning and as you can see in the pics, it has the crown bridge. As we all know, KoAloha has officially retired this bridge. I think that it looks fantastic on the sceptre as the points on the bridge line up with the points on the body. It comes with the same uke crazy foam case that they sent me from KoAloha.

I will not take any less than what I have into this uke, which is $700.00. That will include shipping CONUS. That being said, I would definately consider a trade for a Tenor sceptre, as long as it also had the crown bridge. If somebody has one and would prefer a concert, I am willing to add cash or perhaps one of the other concerts that I am selling.

This is a tough one to part with, I just wish that I had bought a tenor back when they still had the crown bridge.

If I don't trade for another sceptre, I would also include the custom stand that I built for this uke for another $100.00, if you are interested. I am a custom furniture/cabinetmaker and have built seven of these stands, but because of this particular cradle, it can only be used for a sceptre. Even making these in multiples, it still averages out to about 6 hours of labor per stand. At $60 per hr of shop time, well you can do the math. The specs: Curly maple base and yoke, Mahogany arm, cradle and foot with ebony bungs. The arm is attatched to the base with a through tenon and secured with an ebony wedge. Black velour is attacthed to the yoke as well as the cradle. It is signed and dated on the bottom. Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays!

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 86
More pics of the stand

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 18
great workmanship! PM sent. .... couldn't send a PM because your mailbox was full. Do you still have? Can you post a link where I can hear it? PM me if you can. Thanks, rem

Last edited:
tried to respond w/ PM. Wouldn't go through again. can you PM me a phone number so I can hear it? I was trying to PM mine but it wouldn't go through and I do not want to post it on open forum. THanks, rem

Not sure why your PMs aren't going through. I'm getting them from Tikiuke regarding my custon fluke. Although one of mine to him did not go through either. I will send you a PM.

This Puppy is sold to the lucky man from Eastern, NC. Two down, one to go. Mods, you can close this thread.

Top Bottom